Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
OP Offline
J
A buddy of mine just became a state trooper, and wants to get a 4 door car. I have always lusted over his 91 Integra RS and the aftermarket that abounds for it. As it is in stock format, it handles as on rails. He has higher miles, but I think his engine is solid. I will have it checked out. Recent timing belt water pump, new springs/struts, etc (just like I did).

Here is the deal, I looked up both values on kbb.com and both cars got exactly the same value listed: $2885. Depending on the condition of his motor, I think this would be a fairly straight swap. We are thinking about straight trading.

Anyway, I will do more thinking on it. What do you guys think?

CURRENT RIDE: 95 GL
FORMER RIDE: 99 SVT (www.mysvt.com)
"You only live once, but if you lived my life, once would be enough." -Frank Sinatra
J
OP Offline
J
are you all glad to see me go?? jk laugh

"You only live once, but if you lived my life, once would be enough." -Frank Sinatra
B
B
Sheesh, never enough for you is it! LOL Just do what makes you happy man and be happy with who you're doing it with! Best thoughts I can think of right now and you know why.

Rick

The first Blown 3 Liter!
"Drive it till the wheels fall off" -my personal motto!!!!
98.5 T-Red SVT #6180
Many Mods
Buckshot77@aol.com
Owner of 00 #1611 Silver
Totalled on 10/7/01
SVT Parts for Sale
E
E
Do what you want to do with it, it's your car. I'm glad when I go into Law Enforcement, I will already have my 4-door car!

Will ALL the aftermarket parts stay on the car?

'95 Contour GL, zetec mtx, drop in K&N, exhaust res removed, 4 10" Kenwoods powered by 1000W Visonik amp, 4 5"x7"/6"x8" Visoniks

"Buy American or apply for Japanese welfare."

www.geocities.com/fordcontour05/contour.html
K
K
kbb values are the same, but what about insurance? If it was up to me, I'd stay with a tour. Honda makes great cars, no doubt, but I'm just not really into em. That's just my opinion though, we're all waiting to hear what you decide. It's a pretty close call, as both cars have their ups and downs. I'm sure you'll be happy whichever you choose. smile

J
OP Offline
J
insurance is $60 more/year.

i will decide soon...

C
C
Ironic that we're both considering moving into different vehciles, huh? LOL! What a riot!

'98 Contour SE - a.k.a. "Clone-tour"
Dual Glasspacks w/Stainless Tips
Rocker Panel Moldings
Fog Lamps
16.5 Sec. 89mph 1/4 mi.
http://www.geocities.com/clontour/home
C
C
Had you made any decision of whether you are selling you car or not?

1995 Contour LX
J
OP Offline
J
I think the decision made itself. After talking with him more, it sounds like he wants me to buy it, (or trade the contour and pay him some "difference"), so it doesn't look like it will happen.

Anyway, I have 1/2 the miles, no rust, and 4 doors. For now, at least, I will keep it that way.

E
E
Thats a toss up, but everyone always thinks their car is worth more than it actually is(the dealership talking in me).

'95 Contour GL, zetec mtx, drop in K&N, exhaust res removed, 4 10" Kenwoods powered by 1000W Visonik amp, 4 5"x7"/6"x8" Visoniks

"Buy American or apply for Japanese welfare."

www.geocities.com/fordcontour05/contour.html
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard