Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
CYS Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I had a most interesting and frustrating day yesterday. I was involved in an accident (was hit), chased down the other car when it left the scene, and got to watch the other driver get arrested for DUI.

For those of you familiar with the south metro, it took place on co. rd 11 between the exit on 35E and Burnsville Parkway. I was out driving - I had just installed an exhaust to my s4 on Friday and was enjoying listeneing to the new tone - but hey who needs an excuse to drive. I had just exited off the freeway and was headed up 11 on my way to the Dairy Queen and I notice a black Grand Cherokee coming up very fast in the rear view. He was in the left lane and I was behind a mustang in the right lane. The black jeep came up behind another jeep that was about to turn left. Instead of stopping behind the turning jeep, he decides to pass the jeep in my lane while I am still in it. I swerve to the curb, but he still hits me on the driver's side. I pull over immediateley and notice that he only slowed...then took off. I am pissed at this point and go after him. The mustang in front of me (nice older 5.0) had already took off after him. I caught up to him at the lights on Burnsville Parkway and the mustang lets me in behind the jeep, but he (jeep) turned left onto Burnsville Parkway and gunned it...I think he thought he was going to out run me (my car is white and debadged with only the audi rings). I caught him very quickly after the turn and he finally pulled over. I was so intent on catching up to the jeep, I didn't realize that both the mustang and the turning jeep had followed us and had called the police. They were nice enough to stay around (about 45 minutes) to tell the police what happened. My car doesn't look too bad. I have damage to the driver's side panels - rear door and window to the front fender. He didn't push me into the curb, and swerving away from him as he hit me might have saved more damage.
Be careful out there - I don't know if it is the late spring or what, but I have seen more jerk drivers out his year than I can remember.
On a side note, I saw three svt contours out yesterday in the Eagan/Apple Valley/Burnsville areas. A green, a silver w/ spoiler, and a black. The silver was parked in a parking lot off of cliff and the other two sightings were on 35E...anyone here?

A
A
CYS, sorry to hear about the crash. Thank our wonderful senators for wimping out on the new DWI bill. I hope ya' jam this idiot up GOOD!!! BTW I saw JonTourSVT the other night and your old ride still looks good.I hope everything works out getting the Audi fixed and hope to see ya' sporting around soon! Best of luck.

Andy V.
99 SE Sport SGTO
KKM,No Res,Dual exh.
17" Cellos-225/45/17 Sumitomos
vannanthony@hotmail.com
Semper Fidelis
C
CYS Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thanks Andy, I've seen what JonTourSVT has done and agree that it is indeed looking sweet. I don't think it could have gone into better hands smile (the dwi bill...have they done anything except allow us to have pop machines in the schools?)
I'll Know more about the car tomorrow when I can get someone to look at it....I hate this.

A
A
Keep us updated and I hope everything works out o.k. I finally got some wheels for the Beast but have to get some springs for it to look best. Can you make it to the auto-x next month? I do plan on going and hope others can as well.

Andy V.
99 SE Sport SGTO
KKM,No Res,Dual exh.
vannanthony@hotmail.com
Semper Fidelis
S
S
Bummer to hear what happened, and I hope everything can get fixed up well.

I'll leave my sentiments out of the DWI bill...

I agree with you too, as I've seen JonTourSVT and your car... you found the car a very good home.

I'll be at the Auto-X as well, and would love to see ya!

You can pillage an enemy once, but a customer is an endless resource.

James Oerichbauer - PFPC Global Fund Services

Ross: 1998 E0 SVT Contour, Toreador Red, Konis, Superchip, KKM w/heat shield, SHO-shop y-pipe and rear strut brace, no res, ScotchCal, Moda Sport 16x7.5 wheels with 205/55ZR16 Dayton Dayton tires... more
C
CYS Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Looks like around 1500 in damage - not nearly as bad as I thought. Car should be back in shape the first week of June. This could have been much worse and in hindsight, consider myself pretty lucky.

S
S
no doubt, glad to hear that it wasn't TOO bad for you. good luck.
spec 23

Spec 23

99 SVT
No Mods (can't afford to void the extended warranty)
R
R
Sorry about your car man. I know what you mean about spring drivers. I had a 70 or 80 year old man turn in front of me today and then flipped me off when I honked at him. I guess that using the horn to remind him that he's a dumb f..k didn't sit well with him. Oh well! By the way I own a green contour(non-SVT) in Apple Valley. If you can make Fairmont than come along. Andy doesn't know if he's going to race his car but I think that once he gets down their and sees the fun he could be missing out on, he'll be racin. Good luck with the car!

Rice is just a matter of money. How fast do you wanna look!

99 Contour Sport SE MTX
KKM filter, B&M shifter
No res, BAT kit, Aussie Bar
A
A
All right, all right RT, I'll run the 'Tour(lol). I just need to borow a skid lid from someone. I sold mine when I sold the bike. cool

Andy V.
99 SE Sport SGTO
KKM,No Res,Dual exh.
vannanthony@hotmail.com
Semper Fidelis
J
J
Sorry to hear that Chul!!!

I just got back from my deployment to Turkey!

I hope the car is fixed soon!

CURRENT RIDE: 95 GL
FORMER RIDE: 99 SVT (www.mysvt.com)
"You only live once, but if you lived my life, once would be enough." -Frank Sinatra
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard