Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
A
A
For 2500 a year I could keep the CEG up on an 1.1/1.1 sdsl line! Any interest. Roughly $12.50 from 200 people!

-Andy

Andy Watson
'99 Silver SVT #2397| DOB 07/29/99
Graci!

American Iron Shoot Out - Event Promoter!
Check it out, we need your input!
Www Dot American Iron Shoot Out Dot Com
H
H
Quote:
Originally posted by Lance Kinley:
The site is not for sale, nor is anyone else going to take it over.

Imagine working on a car for over five years, just to give it away or sell it....

Most of the main part of the site will return, in one form or another. The info will not be lost.
We'll see about the forums..

-Lance
I understand not wanting to give up something you worked so hard on. However, this isn't exactly like an old car. It's more like a bus, and we've all been riding it. Now we are being kicked off the bus and told that it MIGHT be back to pick us up later. It looks like most people will migrate over to fordcontour.org and it will be the same forum, different web address. If you bring this site back, forums and all, I'm pretty sure everyone would come back. But if you really are just looking to do this as a hobby with a low amount of users, leaving the forums off would be a great idea. This site is great because we can all interact. Yes, the How To and FAQ are an EXCELLENT resource, however, you only use those when you need them. The forums are what keep people coming back to this site, and keep people interested in their Contours. And it is forums that will take people to other sites if this site lacks them. All I'm saying is, if you bring back the site forum free, unfortunately this site will probably stop being the number one resource for Contour information.

Also, you say there has been no new content, what about the DMD? I just figured out what that is, thanks to these forums. No way I would have ever heard of it otherwise. Plus, the forums help you to know who to take advice from. When I first came here, I wouldn't have known Terry Haines from Moonlight_Mistique. But with time, you learn who to trust and who to ignore when asking for advice. Basically all I'm saying is that I think you under estimate the value of the forums.

I really do hope you bring the site back, because there is a ton of great information on the main site, even without the forums. I'm just saying, if you are proud to have the number one Contour site out there and want to keep it that way, you might want to consider bringing the forums back as well. Good luck to you.

'00 Contour SVT #123 of 2150
Built 9/29/99
Black/Tan Interior
L
Administrator
Administrator
L
Quote:
Originally posted by Andy W.:
For 2500 a year I could keep the CEG up on an 1.1/1.1 sdsl line! Any interest. Roughly $12.50 from 200 people!

-Andy
Andy, email me! lkinley at contour.org

-Lance

Lance Kinley
CEG Webmaster
95SE, "Official CEG Beater"
Quaife, SVT parts, ST200 wheels, SS Y-pipe
I perceive you to be a stand-up, rational individual...
N
Nis Offline
N
eek Hello! Here it is! Knew there was hope! eek

===========================================
1999 Contour SE
2.0 Zetec
KKM Sound Enhancer (soon to be tossed aside... D DAVIS)
Front Bra
Beautiful Girlfriend for a passanger
A
A
Quote:
Originally posted by Lance Kinley:
Quote:
Originally posted by Andy W.:
[b]For 2500 a year I could keep the CEG up on an 1.1/1.1 sdsl line! Any interest. Roughly $12.50 from 200 people!

-Andy
Andy, email me! lkinley at contour.org

-Lance[/b]
Done with details!

Andy Watson
Graci!

J
J
ive got 12.50 laying around somewhere

jiako|98 svt silver|kkm true rev|18" Enkie RS5 wrapped w/falken GRB FK451 215/40|Mesh grill|
Sony headunit|Boston Acoutics (4)5X7|Memphis 1100 amp|(2) JL 12W3|KVR X drilled rotors|35% tint|2.25" True Duals w/ Magnaflows| kkm pedals|LSD|Fidnaza Flywheel|Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch|FMS wires|Konis/Eibach|ESP bushings and Mounts|75MM PRO FLOW|DMD|Aluminum shifter & E-brake handle|SAFC|HID's and a few more cc's 196.1 and 183.4
C
C
I rarely use the site and I'd still be willing to put up 12.50 to keep it up. Any time I've had a question with my car, you guys have always been a great help.

1st Car: '78 Buick LeSabre - Da Boat
2nd Car: '93 Jeep Cherokee Sport - Bebe aka BlackBox
Current Car: '00 SVT Contour - CJ aka Connie Jay
M
M
hell yeah i have $12.50 and a bit more if needed

Mike | 98 Silver CSVT
A
A

Andy Watson
Graci!

H
H
If we are able to keep it going for another year based on donations, in the future I think a good way to earn money would be paypal raffels. Raffel off some stickers, parts or something relatively inexpensive. Then everybody puts in their dollar or two and use the profits towards the next years hosting/maitenence costs. If there was a raffel a month I bet we could keep quite a bit of revenue generated.

I know Lance doesn't want to run a buisiness, but I'm sure there are plenty of members who would step up to help take care of that stuff. Lance just needs to choose who he wants to delegate those responsibilites to. Just cause one guy is in charge, doesn't mean that guy has to do all the work. smile

'00 Contour SVT #123 of 2150
Built 9/29/99
Black/Tan Interior
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard