Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 26 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 25 26
E
E
Sorry to hear this... but it makes sense.
Having been a long-time member, I agree the forums are no longer functional, except as a form of entertainment. eek See....
The Contique is out of production now, going on three years, most of the original new car owners either have learned and said all they have to say, or moved on to other things.
The questions are always the same old, same old.. and since no-one wants to use my "130mph brake cleaning method" anyway... :rolleyes:
Thank you Lance, for the chance to share some car interest with a whole lot of folks.
Hope the main page Contour.org can survive... but I saw this coming....
Good Luck,
Best Wishes,
Elizabeth

One beat'99 Tropic Green SVT
N
Nis Offline
N
Lance,

I have only been a member for about a year now, and have gotten a lot of good information from this site. I appreciate all of your efforts you have put into the CEG, and understand your frustration. I would like to thank you for everything you have put into this site, and the time you have taken out of your life to keep it going. Thanks to you, a lot of us have learned a lot, and met new friends and people. What ever you choose to do with the future of this site, will be appreciated and supported.

Thank you again, and everyone here at CEG, and i hope to speak with you all on this site some time in the future again.

Nis

===========================================
1999 Contour SE
2.0 Zetec
KKM Sound Enhancer (soon to be tossed aside... D DAVIS)
Front Bra
Beautiful Girlfriend for a passanger
F
F
Everyone is welcome at NECO since we are basically driving the same car. Think of the Cougar as the Contour Coupe wink Besides, the message board that we run has an import utility for UBB ... Lance, maybe you should contact me and we should talk about this.

Best Regards,

Trevor Cole

New Edge Cougar Forums
J
jjh Offline
J
This sucks!
Would there be a way to store the archives some where for easy download. We can't just turn the switch off and that's it. Lance, even if it was not your intention, you have created a large community that counts on this site to survive. And I understand your view about contour.org and what has become but with all communities there are good things and bad ones. I just hope you reconsider and fire up this site again with a new mentality but don't just kill it like that. If you feel you can't handdle it anymore, hand it over to someone that can. We all suferred when the contour was discontinued and we will suffer even more when our only true source of information about our cars is gone as well. We have accomplished a lot on all these years and it will be very sad to select everything and hit the delete key. Lance, dont' take this in a bad way, you have done an excellent job keeping this site up and I thank you for that.
Good luck and I hope I can one day come back and see this site with a green light.
Take care.

jjh
2000 T-Red SVT
#2134 of 2150
N
N
frown I don't even know what to say frown

M
M
I'm so sorry to hear about the future of contour.org. I've been visiting this site since February 2000, when I found it on a search for "Ford Contour" on Yahoo. I was looking to buy a new car and wanted to find opionions on Contour ownership. Needless to say, I made my decision to buy a Contour based on the info gained from this site. That was February 23, 2000, and have no regrets. With nearly 68,000 miles, the car has been a pleasure to drive and own.

I will miss my daily visits to the contour.org forum and the personalities contributing to it. I have learned a lot about these great cars thanks to the forum. frown

Martin
2000 Contour SE V6 ATX
Med Steel Blue Metallic\Greystone interior
Mods: SVT grill(insert painted aluminum), foglight mod, amber reflectors removed, gas bonnet lifters, 2nd horn installed, 2001 Focus 16" rims, Knauberized, debadgerized, pre-98 sail panels, Bullitt fuel door, A6 sidemarkers, K&N air filter, TH fix, Flowmaster\glasspack exhaust, clock recontent, trunk release bezel recontent, Mystique rear dome light, express-open sunroof, Ford accessory rubber floor mats, Ford accessory door threshold protectors.
J
J
An interesting idea, perhaps to seperate wheat from chaff, would be to entertain the idea of a yearly subscription with associated fees (is that why I felt bad not donating a while back?). I for one would buy into a year's access, for a nominal fee, if the site lived on. Wonder how many others would go so far...the 'tours deserve this sorta site.

98 CSVT, basic mod's, my slowest car yet but still faster than the wife's Talon Tsi AWD. Not by much, though. Now if I could get the back wheels to do something....
M
M
This is a cop out.

With all the members here and all the pledges to send money, it makes no sense for this site to not be able to find hosting elsewhere.

None. This site kicks a$$ and is absolutely worthy of being saved. Who cares if theres a little squabling? It's human nature...if we all got along all the time, things would be kinda boring.

Here's to hoping this isn't my last post...

frown

EDIT: let me also say that I am extremely appreciative of the CEG Gods that have brought us this wonderful & amazing site. It has truly taken on a life of its own...and enriched mine as well. I've made alot of friends here...and that is a special thing.

Thank you.

-Rob- '98 E0 Contour SVT #897, T-Red. FOR SALE: '98 E0 CSVT #2663 SilverFrost; stock & in very good condition. $7,800
KKM & BAT Intake Pipe, DIY cool air intake, Resonator deleted, TH fix; short shifter, rear spoiler, hood struts, fog mod, pre-98 sails, dings removed, A4 side-markers, clear head-light corners, T-red chrome front & back. Aussie Bar waiting for installation.

"Monkey is my business...and business is good!"
S
S
How come some of you are willing to let it go?So what if the contour is out of production big deal,so isn't austin healy,truimph,amc car's etc.They still have clubs that are going strong!The info we exchange is nice but this is a car club.A Ford Contour club,a way to show off and talk about out tours,and cheerish the short life off an awsome car.KEEP THIS SITE!

2000 contour se sport V6
tropic green,gray leather.
K&N filter,Brembo crossdrilled/slotted rotors,Magnaflow stainless mufflers/Borla tips.
OEM SVT body kit
Hancook winter tires
on Focus wheels.

1999 Ford Explorer XLT,Gray cloth power lumbar,rear a/c and radio,AWD.
K&N filter,Edelbrock IAS shocks,and Backcountry step bars.

Mobil One used in both!
F
F
Quote:
Originally posted by Lance Kinley:
At least for a while anyway. The forums for the last few months have deteriorated into squabbling, insults, bickering and general chaos. The technical discussions are mainly rehashes, with little or no new information being shared. The main section of the site seems to be regularly ignored even though this is where most of the really good information is.
Many of you will be bitterly disappointed, but after five years of putting up with a frequently unappreciative online community, I'm done with it. I may change my mind after a break, but we will see.
this to me sounds like the baton needs to be passed and someone else should take over.
and I mean take over everything.
the rights to the site, the hassles of finding a T1 or appropriate connection, hosting the actual server, everything.
I appreciate all that Lance has done for this site, he's made it such an amazing resource, but so many have expressed the want to take over for Lance and relieve him of the abovementioned hassles he has to deal with.
Let someone else deal with the hassles, Lance, and let you get back to your own life and free time.

Kim
2001 Mercury Cougar C2
1995 Contour GL
Quote: Originally posted by shotwell:
Yeah, I keep checking too. I'm afraid that just as the site goes down my car will burst into flames or something (knocking rapidly on wood)!
Page 20 of 26 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 25 26

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard