Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 26 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 25 26
K
K
The "social experiment" that Lance spoke of is interesting. This could be the second web family I have lost. I started out on the web with a Star Trek chat room that Paramount ran, about 1998. As the room(s) grew larger and older, cliques formed and there were more arguments, the "Family" theme of the site went down the drain. Eventually, Paramount, who hosted the chat room, shut it down for "maintainance" we were told. We all knew the real reason, the moderators "hosts" could no longer control the discussion and Paramount wanted out of it, this was in early 2000. It was only this year that it came back with lots of rules. I checked it out a couple of months ago, but I have been spending that time here. Can't do both. I would still rather spend time here that there because the discussions, for the most part, are more mature and as bonus, you learn about cars!

I have contributed before and will again to help this site continue. To Lance, once again, THANKS!!!

Keith W
98.5 SE Sport ATX
Lt. Denim Blue
16" Mille Miglia EVO's
Firestone SZ 50 EP's-2nd set!
Free stock filter box mod
L
L
I'm in total disbelief. I can't believe this is happening. Thanks to Lance, thanks to all the CEGers that have helped me and those I didn't know that well. I said it before and I will say it again: This was one hell of a site. frown

hectik79@yahoo.com if any of you want to get a hold of me

Hector frown

2000 Contour Zetec ATX
Hector
Mods...I got em'
"Contour grills, Contour bills, check out the oil my Contour spills."
2.SLO = 17.6 at 80mph
My profile
GOODBYE CEG!!!!

Still up as of yet, shoot, I'm going to be bored at work all night now...

Thanks Lance for the all the work you've put into this site...

1999 CONTOUR SE SPORT
2001 HONDA CIVIC LX SEDAN
- 1.7L 5 Spd
- '02 SI RIMS
- Reverse Indiglo Gauges
"Biblical principles work, there are no exceptions."
www.geocities.com/jesusfr7282000
http://www.7thgencivic.com/members_rides/member.cfm?id=5895
L
L
Thanks for all the work you have done to this website. Thanks to all the cegers that have been helpfull. I'm going to miss all the info and meets.
Well I wish you all the best of luck.

Adam

Electric red
95 Ford Contour GL
ATX Zetec
Born on date 11/1/94

Big changes coming......."hint 95 Ford Contour SVT".

"This is a place for crazy people I'm not crazy." Brad Pitt [12 Monkeys]
P
P
Looks like everyone is going to have to go over to Blue Oval New's contour forum for now.

98 MTX SE sport
TH fix
Magnaflow muffler and res.
KKM intake
E
E
Well, I will miss all of you. It has been a very neat experience. I too have noticed the difference in attitudes lately, and it has gotten annoying. I think it will be good to give everyone a break.

I will still be able to keep in contact with a few of you through IMs. smile If anyone wants to talk to me, my s/n everywhere else (except ICQ) is ExDelayed, on ICQ I'm 25511759. If you see me around, say high. smile

Again, I will miss all of you, I hope to see the forums, or at least the site, come back up, at least in some way.

Thanks for hosting it as long as you did Lance! smile

· Jon Miconi

· 96 Contour Zetec ATX
· 80 Ramcharger 360 ATX
· 77 Ramcharger 440 ATX
T
T
Well guys, it was fun. I learned so much about the CDW27 platform and cars in general over the time I was registered here. Can't forget the farting around we did with our arguments over such trivial crap, either!

I hope that everyone migrates over to fordcontour.org so that all this information isn't lost. It would be a shame to see someone like Terry Haines go to waste!

Thanks for the community Lance.

I wish you all the best of luck.

Dan Parmelee
1999 Acura Integra SiR-G coupe
"I heard Affleck was the bomb in Phantoms"
"Word, bitch! Phantoms like a muhfuka"
J
J
thank you so much for having this site. I only wish I knew about it when I first got my tour, and not a month ago, I have gotten so much help and information here, along with spending all of my nights and mornings looking for things that I could do next.

thanks again, and I hope that the site comes back.

Johnny jhennessy29@yahoo.com from Nor cal

Well Lance,

all i can say is that over 8000 people have registered into this website. When i registered almost 2yrs ago we barely even had 2000. This place has helped us with our cars and each other. Honesly speaking for all of us, the other car sites don't do what we do here. No national meets or spring zings, no member get togethers, they just don't have the *family* type atmosphere that we have here. I totally understand where you come from and wish the site comes back. With all the information that passes through here, its just a gold mine. You did a great job here and 8000 people are here to prove it. Hope the break helps

A
A
Hope this hasn't been discuseed already, as I skipped from pg 5 to here, but....

1. Lance, wouldn't eliminating the bandwidth-consuming portions of the forums allow us to keep the site up. If it still can't be afforded...

2. $200 a month seems easily feasible for lets say 500-1000 members who will actually cough it up to keep the site alive. I mean come on, less than $1 a month for members....? Should be possible...

3. If indeed the site goes under, heres one suggestions. Time to buy a Haynes manual! (even that isn't close to the advise given here).

4. Post whores - Hahaha, time to reset that count, eh? laugh

Lance, thanks for everything. As many have said, the info, meeting fellow CEGers, etc was great. Best wishes to all, no matter what the outcome.

98 Merc. Mystique LS

Red Wings and US Soccer 0wn j00!
Page 18 of 26 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 25 26

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard