Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 26 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 25 26
H
H
milan why do we need a website to be the chicago ceg come on car clubs long existed without a WEBSITE.. we all still have email and PHONE numbers right?? and lance thanks for the site and good luck to ya

M
M
To continue this thing going is not that hard guys! All that we need is a few CEG fanatics such as myself, and many, many, many others that are on here.

Of course, we will always have at least a penny a month on donations...

E1 SVT SilverFrost - "QUICKSILVER"

See The Beast Here --> www.quicksilver.50megs.com
B
B
why not split sections across different DSL accounts? spread the bandwidth so it isn't such a large chunk. sure it'd be slower but considering the alternative...

Matthew W. Campbell-- bigMoney Racing
--1999 SVT #220 "NT4UA" /O.Z. Crono Evo\'s/ /Rear Deck Sub/ --1972 Chevrolet C/10 Custom Deluxe--1980 Camaro in fewer pieces--
"If I had invested...in IBM or something like that, I would certainly have been wealthy within a decade. Instead, I bought a Porsche...and got a life" Leon Mandel
M
M
Thanks Lance and everyone else here!
The info in these forums have helped a lot and I hope I was able to assist others here as well.
Be well y'all!

99 zetec, auto
R
R
So Milan,

What do you propose we do ???

PM me.

Pete...

98.5 SE Sport Duratec ATX (P66L)
Black Clearcoat on Greystone
DOB 11/21/1997
DOP 12/25/1997
PIAA 510 Super White Driving Lights
SVT CAT-BACK EXHAUST (No Resonator)
DiabloSport Chip (LPQ4) - Engineered To Raise Hell
Too many other mods to list...
Sounds sweet, runs quick...
Crazy Horse Dyno @ 121.4 WHP/129.6 TQ
M
M
Joe, totally agreed, but this is local. We must preserve the National connection here. Otherwise, the CEG is dead.

Anything besides this site will be inadequate to keep us together. Phone# get lost, people lose addresses, or simply do not wanna hassle anymore.

If this is how it's gonna be, then I see this place falling apart in mere days. Regional chapters will remain for sure, but the national won't...

Joe, I know that you expressed interest in taking over the Chicago CEG from Deane, and I expressed my interest to help. So at least we know that Chicago CEG will be safe.

However, that is not enough if you ask me. WE NEED A NATIONAL CONNECTION!!

E1 SVT SilverFrost - "QUICKSILVER"

See The Beast Here --> www.quicksilver.50megs.com
E
E
So, not to be a pessimist (sp?) but with time being limited, where do we go from here?

Can Fordcontour.org handle the bandwidth of all of us jumping on there at the same time? That is the only alternative I can think of for everybody. Yeah there is the SVTPerfomance.com, but that is manily for us SVT people, and i know more than 1/2 of the users from here are not SVT owners.

Like it has been said before, Lance, thanks for everything, I have met so many people and learned so much that it is hurts to see this site go. It will be missed frown

2000 SVT Contour - Silver # 1675/2150
svt1675@comcast.net
This Shine brought to you by the letter "Z" for Zaino
P
P
We haven't even heard if he is willing to hand it over. If he isn't, then we are wasting our time asking. I fully understand if he isn't willing... It is his creation and he should do what is right in his eyes.

I would think that companies like THM/SHM/BAT/StreetFlight/countless others would be down with kicking a few dollars down to keep us alive. The more corporate sponsors, the cheaper it would be for each sponsor. Whomever takes the responsibility to Mod the board, would stand a small chance at turning a minor profit, should they choose to. I would kick in a few dollars... I am sure that that has been said in the past... The other Contour site is just not as good. Lance, do what you will, but think about letting one of those interested take it over. How about a member sales promotion where we send checks to Lance to buy the site from him? Some lucky schmuck could be the proud owner and corporate sponsorship could keep it alive.

Po-Jay

Ghetto Mods Galore!
Quaife-CenterForce Clutch-Butterflies Rmvd and Replaced again-Bassani Exhaust w/custom "Y"-Pipe-33% of Mystery Mod-Pro M 75MM MAF-BNoon Optimized SVT TB-B+M Short Throw-ES Front Engine Mount-Some Aesthetic Crap-
Blood,Sweat,Tears
Do I hear the Fat Lady singing?
98 E0 Silver Frost (Is there any other color?)
172HP 149TQ W/Bad A/F Mix
G
G
Wow. This is truly dissapointing for a selfish standpoint.

Lance, I am glad you are cleaning your hands with this forum. I agree that the past few months has been very rough for this site. I also want to Thank You for everything you've done to and for this site. The information I got from here was and always, as long as I own either one of my Tours, be priceless in my eyes.

To all on this site who have helped me out in the past and persons that I have met through this site - 'Thank You'.

It's a sad day - But I also COMPLETELY understand the decision made. Hopefully, the main site is still available after a while. There really is a ton of awesome information there.

Later. smile

D
D
Lance,

Bye.

CEGers,

Thanks for the entertainment and info over the last 2 years, it's been fun. Got to meet a lot of good people and hope to see you down the road sometime.

If you want to contact me for any reason you can do so at dnewma04 at hotmail.com

Thanks.

Page 8 of 26 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 25 26

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard