Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Quote:
Originally posted by thisgirls98.5SVT:
Don't get me wrong, I still love my car, but the enthusiasm has faded somewhat. I guess it becomes harder to appreciate your car when NO ONE else does. It seems like when I tell someone about my car its like "A Contour???" I mean the other night some punk asked me if it was a real SVT and then he told me it had the same engine as his mom's Taurus (and no it wasn't an SHO either). I mean WTF?
Let me tell you something...Telling somebody you have a Contour and nobody knows what your talking about it not bad. It's bad when you are talking to somebody who pretends to know something about cars and you say 1970 BUICK GSX....dead silence...what is that? Exactly. I know how you feel, but that what is so cool about it...you can come behind their well known car and rip the wheels off with... laugh laugh laugh

Be enthusiastic, it's the only way to go!!!

GO CEG!!!

1999 CONTOUR SE SPORT
2001 HONDA CIVIC LX SEDAN
- 1.7L 5 Spd
- '02 SI RIMS
- Reverse Indiglo Gauges
"Biblical principles work, there are no exceptions."
www.geocities.com/jesusfr7282000
http://www.7thgencivic.com/members_rides/member.cfm?id=5895
N
N
I love my Contour, but it is getting to be 8 years old next year... they just don't last like they used to... they aren't designed to.
Eventually I'll get something new...what I don't know.

D
D
Well, it all depends what the definition of 'Enthusiastic' is...

I will keep my SVT forever (or near that). But I might buy a 944 Turbo as a second car later.

98.5 Contour SVT
Kenwood KDC-MP8017 MP3/CD Player
Meaning of life is SOLO II
A
A
Even though I'm selling my SVT, I'm still a fan and always will be and hope I can still hang with the few Contour owners in town. I'll always be able to spot a Contour or SVT from hundreds or feet away. I'll still appreciate Contours and SVT's.

The only reason I'm selling mine is cuz I was able to get a car that I've been wanting for a few years now and the payments are easier on my wallet.

I will miss my SVT when it's gone.

A. Van
95 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
98 Contour SVT ( For Sale )

SVT/SHO
Society
How's this for enthusiastic... I've driven the car for a year, and next year I'm actually going to buy it. It will stay on the road until it dies or I get an SVT, whichever comes last. laugh There's just no other car that has quite the right styling, agility and price.

Quote:
Originally posted by daenku32:
I will keep my SVT forever (or near that). But I might buy a 944 Turbo as a second car later.

Matthew
98.5 Contour SE V6
It has spent 1.5 years under the wrong identity ;-)
Not being recognizable as a hot car has its advantages. Especially in regards to thiefs: "Why would this granny car have a stereo? Let's go find a civic or something."

Old - 95.5 SE with lot's of mods.
New - 98 Black SVT with few mods.
N
N
Quote:
Originally posted by Micah:
does looking for a jag s-type 3.0 mean I am enthusiastic? YES!

Micah
Hell Fu(kin' yeah! ME TOO! Keepin' both of mine, after I grad from school i'll be buyin' something more.... expensive and more importantly RARE (like the SVTs)....

The SVT is gonna be getting WTF's for a while so i'm not getting rid of it.

SVT EMBLEM MOD HERE

:::96:C:LX:::
Black 2.5L ATX "my beater" - Shaved ? badgeless ? SE rocker panels
:::99:SVT:C::: #2566 of 2760
T-RED/TAN "the bitçh" Brullen Cat-back w/ 3.5" angle-cut tips ? BAT European Suspension ? AFE Filter ? CnL 73mm MAF ? Diablosport Chip :MNQ3: ? Mirko front spilter ? Apexi SAFC (i'm scared to install! anyone in Norcal wanna help me?)

..::nyceboicreations.com::..
email:junkmail@nyceboicreations.com
R
R
Im still enthusiastic and I dont even own one!!-I will one day tho smile just gotta find one of those non-enthusiastic people to buy one off of laugh

~!Rach!~
2002 emerald green Protege ES
dont hate b/c im a troll Im a 'tour girl at heart!!
R
Ron Offline
R
I love my contour its been a good car so far... but its only here till i graduate college next year and can afford a trans am or mustang cobra

99 Silver frost Contour LX ztec..
35% tints all around..
Aiwa Deck w/ Infinity reference all around......
C
C
I've had my 99 se v6 for 3 years and 70k miles and just came across this website about a month ago. I have never been more excited about my car and plan to keep it much much longer. I have done quite well for myself financially and was looking at buying a mustang gt, but now, seeing that with decent maintenance and care and a few mods I can really get a lot more performance out of this car for a lot less money has me excited. so far, no mods have been done to my car and everyone who drives it loves the performance I can wait to start going to work on it and really turn some heads. Everyone on this site has been incredibly helpful and it really is a valuable resource.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard