Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
P
Wow I am glad I am not the only one getting weird ass emails. Most of mine look like they are fairly large usually over 100kb. But there is never anything in the emails. BTW my virus scan never picked up on anything either. confused

-Colter
My Car
S
S
Klez sometimes will disable the virus protection, and it creates random e-mails messages. It's a pain in the ass, this might be another strain since it's mutated about 7 or 8 times already.

More Info on it:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.klez.h@mm.html

2000 Silver ZX3
1999 SVT Contour RIP 6/9/02
P
Master P
Master P
P
Quote:
Originally posted by todras:
He uses Hotmail. confused Seems to be just CEGers though. Havne't received anything from anyone else.
Can't check Hotmail from Outlook Express?

S
S
Quote:
Originally posted by Square Root Guy:
You might have the Klez virus or some other email virus worm. Make sure you have a virus scanner on your computer updated with the latest definitions.

Someone here at work got it somehow and was sending out stupid looking emails, as well as receiving mail from people we know that didn't send it.
Well...I just got the Klez virus to my personal account which is very weird because I almost never get any spam.

That being said, I have exchanged email with alot of people on this board so..if one person gets it then we might all get Klez virus from that one person. If this is what is happening and I think it is, then it has nothing to do with this board.

I got my Klez from some guy in Denmark..(weird)

UPDATE YOUR ANTIVIRUS..

S
S
Quote:
Originally posted by Pollo_loco69:
Wow I am glad I am not the only one getting weird ass emails. Most of mine look like they are fairly large usually over 100kb. But there is never anything in the emails. BTW my virus scan never picked up on anything either. confused
dude...when was the last time you updated you antivirus?

I
I
I too have been receiving e-mails from people I donot even know. I once e-mail a guy back asking him WTF he wanted and he was total clueless about the e-mail.

I would have to say it has something to do with the online e-mail programs because I donot keep an address book on my computer in any program!

99 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
Mystery Car??????
T
T
Could be a server virus. I recently downloaded a virus accidentally from a P2P client that I thought was an MP3.

Dan Parmelee
1999 Acura Integra SiR-G coupe
"I heard Affleck was the bomb in Phantoms"
"Word, bitch! Phantoms like a muhfuka"
T
T
Quote:
Originally posted by lunchbox:
Quote:
Originally posted by todras:
[b]He uses Hotmail. confused Seems to be just CEGers though. Havne't received anything from anyone else.
Can't check Hotmail from Outlook Express?[/b]
True, forgot about that.

"If you're pushing crazy I'm all full up here."

{Black '96 Contour SE MTX w/ over 126k on the clock}
· Get the skinny here.
· Need a 96-00 Ford Service Manual on CDROM?
G
G
Change the title please so people don't overreact...maybe like "Always Be Aware of Strange E-mails"...

The other day I got an .exe from Bill Gates calling it the "most fun good game ever" and "i think you this game very much like"...

Now my computer is blinking and telling me something about my base belonging to it and ****.

P
Master P
Master P
P
Reading that description of Klez, it looks pretty nasty. Searches everywhere for email addresses, then sends mail out through them. So if someone has seen your email address on a webpage, it can be used (doesn't have to be in an address book, looks like cache files from IE will work.) It can even select a random address that it finds and use that as the FROM address.

I'd be really, really surprised if UBB's security had been comprimised (and the only thing done was stealing of a few email address).

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard