Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
OP Offline
G
I'm planning on trying to sell my silver 1998.5 Zetec SE ATX with 47K. Stock with remote entry/start. I know it being silver is a good thing, but what price range do I think I am looking at?

I want to buy another 'Tour but an MTX. My main concern is reliability, my current tour is absolutely awesome, no problems whatsoever. So does anyone have a 'Tour specific checklist when I go to look/drive the car?

I do not really want to sell my car and have the other 'Tour get sold, only other cars in my price range I like are the Prelude, 240SX, and Celica...all of which will have MUCH higher mileage.

Thank you for all your help and suggestions.

D
D
My suggestion is if you have something that is really reliable, then by all means stick with it. My GL was really reliable when I let my bro have it and I went with something else. Well that something else eventually caused me enough problems that I ended up with the SVTC, which has had enough problems of its own. Meanwhile, the GL my brother has goes to the shop for oil changes only. It hasn't been in for anything mechanical since 12k, and it has 66k on it now. So, you just have to balance reliability and fun with the car. I have more fun with the SVT than I would with the GL, but the reliability comes into question. I'd rather have the SVT, but the GL would be a lot more convenient and cheaper. It's just checks and balances.

As for resale value, I have no idea, but I can't see getting more than $5k for it, maybe more if you sell it yourself.

Silver E1
I'm afraid Speed Demon has given me the mod bug.
AIM: Davo7Wins
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks for your help, I wouldn't be getting an SVT anyway, too much money. I should be selling my car for plenty more than the MTX I want to buy...auto just sells better.

I would be selling my car myself, the KBB/Edmund's values are all around $7,300...just was wondering what other people were getting. I could be wrong, but I think color is a big concern with a lot of people (least it is with me)...there are a helluva' lot of ATX Zetecs for sale around here, but not a silver one within 100 miles.

A
A
You sure you don't want a SVT? Sell'ya mine laugh

A. Van
95 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
98 Contour SVT ( For Sale )

SVT/SHO
Society
From all the problems I read here with SVT's it seems like "SVT" stands for So Very Troublesome.

Stick with what you have if it's reliable...you have a rare find if it is!

Later,

'95 Ford Contour SE ATX...primarily the wife's car
'86 Ford Mustang LX notch 5.0 5-speed...12 second project
G
OP Offline
G
Quote:
Originally posted by 95tealseatx:
Stick with what you have if it's reliable...you have a rare find if it is!
I've spent enough time with the creations of man to recognize the "If it ain't broke..." adage, but I just feel broke driving the ATX. frown

L
Lee Offline
L
Me too so I'm building mine. Best of luck to you...

Lee Cox
In life begins responsability...
Project Car
L
L
Quote:
Originally posted by Giovanni:
Quote:
Originally posted by 95tealseatx:
[b]Stick with what you have if it's reliable...you have a rare find if it is!
I've spent enough time with the creations of man to recognize the "If it ain't broke..." adage, but I just feel broke driving the ATX. frown [/b]
Just mod it. It will get better. wink

2000 Contour Zetec ATX
Hector
Mods...I got em'
"Contour grills, Contour bills, check out the oil my Contour spills."
2.SLO = 17.6 at 80mph
My profile
J
J
Just to let you know that Friendly Fords has a Silver 98 SE tour on the lot I was looking at and they want $8800 for it. But it doesn't have a moonroof or leather. I called around for loan values and the most anyone would loan for it is $6700 and that was with 48k miles. If you sell it let me know how much?

Going to look at an SVT today. What do you guys think about a 99 SVT with 48k all options perfect Body and interior for $11,900 obo? Should be able to get it for 11,000. Does this sound like a good deal? Thanks, Jason

B
B
no problems with mine!

1998 E0 SVT #3128, T-Red

2001 Infiniti G20t
1974.5 MG B GT
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard