Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
OP Offline
R
Well, for those of you that didn't show up, you missed my "exploding" water pump. smile Anyway, about 1/4 of the way into the fun drive (prior to Volente), my water pump crapped out, and the car over heated. Thanks to everyone for helping me out, and especially Chris H. and Deron W. for getting a hold of a parts source for a new water pump.

Well, anyway, Deron W. and I worked on the SVT that night, and got the new water pump installed. Everything appeared to be ok after we got it back together. Car runs great today, even a little cooler than before. smile

I'm currently working the pictures, and will have them up soon. Hey Chris, can you send me your copies? smile Look for another post soon.

So sorry I ruined the fun there, but at least the wrecker didn't need to pull me out of the trees. smile Still had a good time meeting you all. Looking forward to the next time.

If anybody needs help replacing their water pump, I can help, as I'm unfortunately an expert now. smile

Ryan W.
1998 T-Red SVT E0 #634 (KKM, A6 Side Markers, +more)
CEG Registry - Austin/Cedar Park, Texas
ryanwood94 on AOL Instant Messenger
R
OP Offline
R

Ryan W.
1998 T-Red SVT E0 #634 (KKM, A6 Side Markers, +more)
CEG Registry - Austin/Cedar Park, Texas
ryanwood94 on AOL Instant Messenger
E
E
Oh man! heh damn. I went and did the Volente run regardless, since I couldn't get into the forums and find out when you guys were planning on being there. Good to hear it's fixed though.

98 Contour SE Sport ATX (T-Red)
Bonafied Rookie
Pioneer DEH-3100 :: K&N Filter :: CEG Foglight rewire

Planned Mods:
Test TH Fix in ATX :: Door Lights :: Side Markers

Farther Future Mods:
KKM Intake :: SVT Exhaust :: SVT Rear Bumper :: BAT Euro Kit
L
L
sorry I didn't make it. some unexpected personal business came up. I swear on my car I'll make it to the next one...

-Louis
1998 Black E0 #3826, lightly modded
S
S
Hey Ryan. Glad you got your car runnin again. Sorry it had to break down on you on the drive. Least it didn't break down further into the drive where the really bad blind curves are. As for ruining the weekend, I don't know whose you are talkin about cause you didn't ruin mine. I had a blast. I can't wait to come again and do the complete drive! Only I need better tires. These Goodyear LS's don't hold worth a sh*t that the dealership put on it before they put it up for sale when I bought it. If I replace my pump, that mean you'll come up and help? hehehe j/k. Anyway, did you get to film any of the short run you made? I'm interested in seein it if you did. I am gonna have to remember that little trick with the tripod and straps so I can have some of our SVTOA guys put a cam in the back of their cars when they go racin in a couple of weeks. Anyway, was great meetin you and Sidewinder. Can't wait to meet up with ya'll again. And thanks to you Sidewinder for lettin me crash at your place! It was MUCH appreciated. When I come down next, we'll have to go shootin!!!!!!!!!

'98 Silver Frost SVT FOR SALE
muffler/resonatorless
AOL IM- SVTcop
Yahoo- countryboy_tx
ICQ-8981296 / 111560813
JOIN THE N.TEXAS Ford Perf Club. WWW.SVTTEXAS.COM

Moderated by  Eric L_dup1, louisw_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard