Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
#20503 06/22/02 02:00 AM
S
S
Short minded fool laugh
Must…resist…flame…must…not…Damn
Hypothesis: Ratchie1 IS Cardoc. Or his lover.
Sorry about that.

Seriously though, (not that I was actually here for any of this) Cardoc pissed people off. People pissed Cardoc off. Cardoc took his toys and went home. For reasons that are his alone he started another site. After a period of time most everyone else has moved on. The only one being disruptive is you Ratchie1. As soon as you stop responding to this thread there will be one or two last responses then it will die in a day or two.

Scott
96 SE, MTX, BAT 22mm rear anti-sway bar, BAT springs and Spax struts
96 Caprice, 9C1
Rayon is made of wood!!!
#20504 06/22/02 02:29 AM
R
R
First off I won't be a part of the group bull****.

Hate to let the jack down on you but I'm not Cardoctor. Secondly - Pakrat started stuff by quoting everything I said (which was truth). Thirdly - I won't be party to a pissing match that is so common over here.

That said - I'm being realistic. Who cares about FC.Org? The whole point was about choices and reality about not what you the member thinks but what Lance and other website owners are or have going/gone through. Jesus, You people are thick as you are stupid. I'm not telling anyone to go to FC.Org - I could care less if you joined Jehovahswitness.com for all I care. The only pissing and moaning is coming from the part that thinks everything is a joke.

Here's a newsflash - Read this, step away from the keyboard and reflect on it. Then respond after thinking about it - Not just trying to jump on me. There's nothing in my post to cower or be sorry for. So those that feel like I'm being unjust somehow can piss off themselves (as I was told).

The whole purpose of me posting in this forum was to try to rationalize to people that attitudes play a big part in the health of the site as a whole. It's much like high school over here... The jocks and the nerds... Some people went through life on top, some hiding. That's life, I never dealt with that firsthand but knew people that did. Ever have a overly consuming step-parent? Afraid?

Don't let the bullies take this site down. Alot has changed here since 2000 when I wasn't a member... And in 2001 it started a trend. And it wasn't an uphill trend - It was angled down. People got ****ty instead of helping. RTFF, UTDS, or something gay like "Search it" came to be. That was the first part of it. Second part was ridiculing people that had high promanence in the first place. Cardoctor was a very active member over here - Even before any of the BS (Yes, most of it was testosterone and pure american BS) that led to the pissing match between him and some people over here.

Funny part, I don't see him saying anything - much less ever mentioning anything about anyone specific. But you people do. I can see the eyes roll just saying his name. Some of you are truly sad. You know who "you" are. Does bringing someone down that really does have a point really make you happy?

OK - Let's settle this once and for all. Since i never got a full clue from either side what exactly Cardoctor did to "Piss people off" why doesn't someone fill me in? PM me, email me - Something!!!!! Reason why? Because I think it's mostly fabricated bullsh*t. Plain and simple - If you don't like the guy that's fine - But to spread to other members that weren't around at that time to really know what was going on - You people suck. Really - That's pretty low for a group to do. I wonder if he know's he has a bullseye on his back? Cause just from mentioning his name I see people's responses that didn't join CEG until almost 9-10 months after talking smack... How is that so?

Attitudes remember? Yep - most are ok - But some of you have got to lighten up. Geez - This is the internet for crying out loud - Not "Days of our Lives" :rolleyes:

John

1999 Contour SVT
#20505 06/22/02 02:51 AM
T
T
As much as I don't like the idea of selling/seeing/reading advertisements here, it would be a great idea but only products that are car releated, like Mequiars, Mobil, tirerack.com, etc. Now if we had to go the money route ourselves, I'm game for a once-a-year payment, if we have to that is :rolleyes:

Roger R
SVT/SHO Society SE MI rep
2000 CSVT #1253 of 2150
silver frost/midnight blue
2-8" dark blue racing stripes
Mequiars...simply the best!
"...and number 5, now this is the most important Rat, when it comes to making out, whenever possible, put on side one of Led Zeppelin 4"
USMondeo@aol.com
#20506 06/22/02 02:57 AM
D
D
Good God, It's getting knee-deep in piss.

I hope Matt IS keeping his job. That's #1.

#2, I hope they DO put a T1 in his new house.

#3, the pissing is geting old. I don't give a rat's ass about CarDoc, whoever he is. I don't give a damn about this old soap-opera. Not my business and never was.

All I care about is 1 and 2. I can't help 1, but if 2 does not work out, then I will miss CEG. If it does, hurrah.

Peace.

Doug former owner of a 95 SE MTX
Now driving a Bravada, no more fun in the twisties!
DrGonzo767@aol.com
#20507 06/22/02 03:00 AM
S
S
Are you guys done yet? Because a lot of us would really like to drop a subject that's been deader than Fred Savages' career for some time now....

\'94 Cobra #4963/5009, black on black, not quite stock
Formerly owned a black '00 SVT, #1972
Join the SVTOA!
RIP - Ray "Old Fart Emeritus" McNairy
#20508 06/22/02 05:52 AM
P
P
Quote:
Originally posted by Ratchie1:
[QUOTE]
Yeah - It's cynacism like that that gets posts locked einstein. I was looking for serious discussion here - Not assbabble that I could've heard from flatulating myself.

Wow, I guess Cardoc wasn't the only butthurt one around here.

Quote:

Duh? What do you think the other sites were put up for? Making a million dollars? Hardly - Short minded fool.

You missed my point but that's no suprise.

Quote:

Yeah - Well the only help you are now is being a troll and disrupting a good conversation - So why don't you stroll the VW to VWVortex.com hippie.

Conversation? All I hear is you trying to push FC.org on us, like that hasn't been tried in the past.

Oh and for your information, I do post over at VWVortex thank you very much. And I hate hippies.

Quote:
Gee - That was insightful.
:rolleyes:

Quote:
Wise one huh? Looks like Enron is coming back. And absolutely no one starts an "enthusiast" site to make money, that would be a waste of time.

Whatever.

Quote:

Source? The only source for real truth. The one the only Cardoctor. Who else? God?
Yeah, and I'm sure his story was in no way slanted in his favor. I was here when the flame wars happened so don't act like your so damn smart that you know everything that went down. Cardoc has his version. All I know is what I remember reading. My opinion? Cardoc was butthurt. End of story.

Quote:

Duhh... Stupid questions get stupid answers. Ever hear that before?
You're a laugh riot.

Quote:
Are you guys done yet? Because a lot of us would really like to drop a subject that's been deader than Fred Savages' career for some time now....
Sorry, but when somebody calls me a fool, I have to lay down the law! laugh

P. Valdez

1998 VW Jetta TDI
1.9L I4 direct injection turbo diesel
5 speed manual
no mods, no money

AIM:PackRatTDI

My exhaust smells better than yours.
#20509 06/22/02 07:30 AM
G
G
i gotta start reading more posts...i didn't know packrat was a hippie eek

95 contour se...dark blue...monsterflow air filter...remanuf atx...wiring harness recall or bust!!!96k miles...motorcraft awsf32pp plugs & red ford racing 9mm wires...kvr black plated cross-drilled rotors & carbon fiber pads...currently undergoing renovation...excuse our dust!!!
are my dodgers for real????
#20510 06/22/02 05:12 PM
Q
Q
Usually I avoid posting and tend more towards being a fly on the wall but here goes...

First things first I am an avid supporter of FC.org, why because I can see that it truly has a bright future because of the numerous different products that are either currently being offered or are in development as we speak. I find that pretty darned cool myself. I am also a good friend of Cardoctor who I have know for pushing two years now. I for one used to hate the guy from talking to him on this forum, until I actually got to meet him in person, chalk another pointless arguement up to misconstrued internet conversations (I think everyone knows what I am talking about here).

Now here is the lowdown on Dom a.k.a. "Cardoctor"... he is an ASE certified mechanic who worked for a long period of time as a Ford Master-Tech and has an intimate understanding of the Contour model. I know this because we have worked together for the past 6 months to create one of the nicest SVT's ever. A 3L hybrid unlike anyone has ever seen before.

"Doc" has his good points and his bad points just like all of us who use these forums but the fact that he is dedicated to continuing the development of the aftermarket for the contour deserves mentioning.

Now for Lance...I really respect Lance for what he has done by maintaining this truly wonderful resource for contour owners. I have used this site so much in the past 2 years that it has easily become the most visited site on my computer. The information available on this site is truly irreplaceble and invaluable.

I do not know Lance personally but anyone that has the dedication to create and maintance such a resource I do respect highly.

But the real point to my posting here is to make the point that these two things... 1.) further development of the aftermarket 2.) and the preservation and addition of information regarding the Contour model...need to be combined to keep this car model alive as an enthusiasts platform. Does this mean combining the two sites??? Maybe sometime in the future, then again, maybe not.

The greatest hamper to the continuation of the enthusiasm for this model as I can see it is the pettyness that goes on back and forth on the forums of this site and to a lesser extend of FC.org. Antagonistic remarks from people such as PackRat and Ratchie1 as simply unnecessary and are usually borne of misunderstandings caused by the medium that we use to communicate with each other (read: the internet forums).

I hope that people will finally realize this and begin to work TOGETHER to continue the innovations that are making the Contour a platform to be reckoned with and so that all the punk a!* kids in Civic Si's will be seeing nothing but the taillights of Tours everywhere.

98.5 SVT ~ diamond white metallic custom DuPount paint ~ shaved antenna, trunk key hole, and ding strips ~ roof mounted antenna ~ 20% tint ~ clear corners (front) ~ Audi A4 sidemarkers ~ 17" Mille Mille Evo 5 wheels with Yokahama Parada Spec-2 tires ~ Koni adj. struts ~ Eibach springs ~ SMA rear strut tower brace (front no longer fits ~ Powerstop cross-drilled rotors ~ Mintex A/F pads ~ ploy bushings including motor mount insert ~ 3L conversion ~ full custom intake ~ custom Cardoc exhaust ~ gutted precats ~ 24lb injectors ~ 3L upper and lower intakes ~ Rear dome light mod ~ glovebox light mod ~ lighted moon-roof switch mod ~ fog light mod ~ Autometer shift light ~ FCO indiglow guages ~ body color interior bits ~ some custom sound

Administrator www.fordcontour.org
#20511 06/23/02 02:06 PM
R
R
Quote:
Jesus, You people are thick as you are stupid.

Nice way to make friends here. Thanks for the insight; all these years I thought they just handed me my college degree because I earned it. Now I know that I'm really just stupid and they felt sorry for me! :rolleyes:

Quote:
I'm not telling anyone to go to FC.Org - I could care less if you joined Jehovahswitness.com for all I care.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but, hasn't this been the whole point of your posts, is that we need to go over to FC.Org? Case in point:

"I've heard that FC.Org and MEG might join together to create something cool - Looks like CEG is going to be left out because of it's members alone, judged by the idiotic, prejudiced and mis-informed members and here-sayers that make it up."

Hmmm....sounds to me like you care alot. Oh well.

Bottom line, quit trying to pimp FC.Org (Thanks JB SVT and Mark O! They were my thoughts exactly), and like Mark O said, we know it exists. If we want to go there, we will. If not, we won't.

{/STORY}

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard