Next Thread
Print Thread
#159393 08/01/02 03:36 PM
E
Evan G Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Hey everyone-

Curious if you could help me out. I dropped my brother's CSVT off at San Bruno Ford for two reasons. The first is for the dashboard recall. Second for a transmission problem. For the dashboard, they say Ford has not released the parts. This recall was a long time ago, correct? Shouldn't the parts be released by now? Also, anyone have problems with a loose shifter? I think it might be the sleeves in the gears, but not sure. They claim they can find nothing wrong. Thanks in advance for any help.

Evan

#159394 08/01/02 06:33 PM
U
U
I live about 10 blocks from SB ford. I even bought my svt from them. I will never take it for service there again. I have brought it there 5 times and each time I have had issues with them, including them forgetting to work on my car and bottoming out the front bumper so hard it knocked the fog lights out and then trying to blame it on me.

I always take mine to serramonte. They are willing to work with you on issues although it does take a little patience with them. I was their 1st dash recall last summer so I know the parts are available and that they have done the work before. I usually see Henry or Rob to take care of my car.

#159395 08/01/02 07:17 PM
R
R
When I was living in the Bay Area I took my car to Serramonte as well. I had little or no problems with their service. I also took my wife's Explorer there and didn't experience any problems. Give them a try. They should treat you good, provided they haven't changed their ways since I left the area a year ago.

Speaking of San Bruno, like Pat said, stay away from them! Believe it or not, they ripped off my buddy's tweeters from his Thunderbird while they were working on his car. What a mess that was!

Ryan

1998 Contour SVT
H&R, Koni's, 17" Team Dynamics DTM
Upgraded Stereo System
My 98\' SVT

Moderated by  Fmr12B_dup1, path914 

Link Copied to Clipboard