Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Dustyn Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Just wondering who has had trouble with their ram clutch slipping in the past present and future. I am having major problems with mine at the moment. Brand new straight out of the box and sliping on a hard pull. Put 500 miles on it first of course. Second ram clutch was installed today with the upgraded metallic disk and still slipping. Brand new fidanza flywheel I might add. mad

Dustyn
Red 1998 SVT E1
95 Mustang GT
Yeah there both slow
New ram clutch for sale
Sho shop pullies and belt for sale 30 bucks
D
D
New pressure plate too right?

What does/did the face of the Fidanza look like?

2000 SVT #674 - Check it out!

Whoever coined the phrase; "If it ain't broke; don't fix it" ~ Just doesn't get it...
D
Dustyn Offline OP
OP Offline
D
They sent me a whole new kit the second time and still slipping. The face of the fidanza is not bad at all I would push in the clutch when I would feel it slip. Something is not right with the thickness of the clutch disc or the pressure plate. I am sending both clutchs back and putting an oem back in . I am tired of messing around. I know there was another person on here that had the sam problem but can't remember his name. jlanger or jiako maaybe seems that they were around new york new jersey. I am just tryin to find out maybe if there is a bad batch of clutch plates. The oem will be in friday and then we will compare and contrast.

Dustyn
Red 1998 SVT E1
95 Mustang GT
Yeah there both slow
New ram clutch for sale
B
B
Did you resurface the flywheel this time around? It is recommended that you do this, actually I think it's required for them to warranty the clutch. Also, it is pretty necessary if your clutch has been slipping becuase that causes heat spots in the flywheel whether you can really see them or not. Last but not least, this latest one, is it slipping under normal driving or WOT acceleration?

Rick

The first Blown 3 Liter!
"Drive it till the wheels fall off" -my personal motto!!!!
98.5 T-Red SVT #6180
Many Mods
Buckshot77@aol.com
Owner of 00 #1611 Silver
Totalled on 10/7/01
SVT Parts for Sale
J
J
I have had the same problem....I had to get a whole new setup and Pay out A$$ for it. Now i am goin with a centerforce setup. And i did replace the the insert on my flywheel.

jiako|98 svt silver|kkm true rev|18" Enkie RS5 wrapped w/falken GRB FK451 215/40|Mesh grill|
Sony headunit|Boston Acoutics (4)5X7|Memphis 1100 amp|(2) JL 12W3|KVR X drilled rotors|35% tint|2.25" True Duals w/ Magnaflows| kkm pedals|LSD|Fidnaza Flywheel|Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch|FMS wires|Konis/Eibach|ESP bushings and Mounts|75MM PRO FLOW|DMD|Aluminum shifter & E-brake handle|SAFC|HID's and a few more cc's 196.1 and 183.4
J
J
I am removing the clutch on sat. so ill let you know on how it is and what the prob could be.

jiako|98 svt silver|kkm true rev|18" Enkie RS5 wrapped w/falken GRB FK451 215/40|Mesh grill|
Sony headunit|Boston Acoutics (4)5X7|Memphis 1100 amp|(2) JL 12W3|KVR X drilled rotors|35% tint|2.25" True Duals w/ Magnaflows| kkm pedals|LSD|Fidnaza Flywheel|Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch|FMS wires|Konis/Eibach|ESP bushings and Mounts|75MM PRO FLOW|DMD|Aluminum shifter & E-brake handle|SAFC|HID's and a few more cc's 196.1 and 183.4
W
W
Note: just replacing may not be enough, have the flywheel laser checked for uneven surfaces. Uneven surfaces (measured in the thousandths.. so don't think you will just be able to look at it and tell) are most often the cause behind slipping & chattering in a "cog" style clutch like the RAM.
-Mark

You can do something for Love...
You can do something for Money...
But there is nothing quite so satisfying as doing something out of Spite.
GTExtreme1@aol.com
D
Dustyn Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Makes no sense why a new clutch should slip after break in period of 600 miles. The first time out new clutch pressure plate, slave cylinder, fidanza flywheel etc. Slips bad in the upper rpms. Did I mention that the pedal disengages at the top. You can barley put your foot on the clutch and it starts to disengage. I talked to the guy at ram and he said that 600 miles on that flywheel isn't going to amount to anything he said if you see any spots on it just take a piece of sandpaper to it. Three clutchs doing all same thing. Makes we wonder. We will find out soon enough when the oem comes in friday. Then we will start to measure thickness and what not.

Dustyn
Red 1998 SVT E1
95 Mustang GT
Yeah there both slow
New ram clutch for sale
S
S
Dustyn that sucks dude!! I really hope you get it sorted out soon.

Simon W. Las Vegas.
96 SE V6 MTX Tereador Red (1st Blown Engine, better be the last!)
1999 SVT Engine
SVT Exhaust w/custom DTM Tips and optimized Y-pipe and no Res (thanks to Po-Jay!). LSD Quaife(thanks to Terry!), SCA CAI w/KKM, Grizzly clutch, FMS 9mm wires, Airknights custom short shifter.

"You can only get more rice at one time by ordering Chinese" - Davo7SVT
"it's only nuts and bolts" - Terry Haines
"Drive it like you stole it" - Me!
J
J
TTT

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard