Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#148395 08/06/02 02:13 AM
C
OP Offline
C
Hey I was wondering if anyone knew what was needed in converting the Contour to a 98-up front end? I know I will need the hood, fenders, headlights, grill, and bumper but is there anything else? ANY INFO WOULD BE HELPFUL FROM PEOPLE WHO HAVE DONE THIS BEFORE! Also, was it one of those things i could do on the weekend with a couple of tools and some time?

1995 Contour GL
Zetec 5spd
Airbox removed w/ cone filter added. Tinted windows, VentShades.
FUTURE: RIMS!, Power W/L/S, Aiwa CD PLayer, Pioneer Speakers, CTA Intake, Custom Cat-back, SVT BK, WW Touring Spoiler, H&R springs, and graphics by PRO-STYLE Graphics of Orange City.
T
T
Seeing as the resale value of these cars is so low, it may be cheaper to trade yours in for a 98 and some cash! Just a thought to chew on.

Ride: 2000 T-red SE
Beats: Kenwood 316S, Alpine MRF200, Orion XTR 6.2, Coustic 400SE
Mods: CTA, Magnaflow exhaust, SVT Instrument cluster, Knuaberized doors, side markers, F***ed up painted headlights.
G
G
Definitely do not sell it. Sure we 98+s have much better looking front ends laugh but it is certainly nothing to sell your car over.

I can't help you with the conversion help too much but I'll try.

I'm not sure how far the pre98 fenders go, but if they extend past the area where the 98+ headlights begin, I think it would be better/cost effective to just chop/fit your current fenders. It'd look pretty sweet with a 98+ and no sidemarkers/hole/fender badges smile

Good luck.

X
X
you are going to need a new hood, fenders,lights, front bumper cover, and grill. you should be able to do this in a weekend no problem. you can get all that for around 500.00 to 600.00 if you used aftermarket parts like eagle.

WHO SAID 19X8'S WOULDN'T FIT?

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard