Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
Eric L Offline OP
OP Offline
E
I mean washmit, sponge?

I am sick of the $3-4 Target/Auto Zone wash mits molting all over my car. I hate finding strands from the chenile mits and fur from the synthetic mits.

Where can I get a good quality reasonably priced item to use to wash my car? confused What do you guys use?

2000 SVT Contour - Silver # 1675/2150
svt1675@comcast.net
This Shine brought to you by the letter "Z" for Zaino
E
E
I use a sponge that I picked up from the parts store. To dry it I use an Absorber. It kinda smells like Play-Doh, and feels kinda rubbery. Get it damp, and use it like a towel. Ring it out and keep going. When you are done, hang it up so it can dry. I picked it up at Checker Auto. It comes in a little tube.

· Jon Miconi

· 96 Contour Zetec ATX
· 80 Ramcharger 360 ATX
· 77 Ramcharger 440 ATX
-
-
Use the california water blade, it has cut my drying time in half, occasionally it can leave scratches if a small sharp stone gets lodged, but proper pain car will easily remove any problems caused with the blade, again i love to use it, and it especially wokrs well will our cars smooth shape

98.5 svt
18 rs-5, yoko parada, B&M short shift, 2 10in jl audio subs, Poineer??,ppi, poor man's kkm, no res, painted gilles and oval,NO TINT!?
A
A
Quote:
Originally posted by Eric L:
I mean washmit, sponge?

I am sick of the $3-4 Target/Auto Zone wash mits molting all over my car. I hate finding strands from the chenile mits and fur from the synthetic mits.

Where can I get a good quality reasonably priced item to use to wash my car? confused What do you guys use?
eek eek eek eek What the hell are you doing??? Your Zaino status may be revoked! Leave work right now and goto Autozone and pick up Viking 100% wash mitts. I would never use a sponge from walmart on my car..

-Antonio

99' SVT
86' Toyota Pickup Beater - Tha Daily Driver
G
G
Quote:
Originally posted by Antonio Wright:
Quote:
Originally posted by Eric L:
[b]I mean washmit, sponge?

eek eek eek eek What the hell are you doing??? Your Zaino status may be revoked! Leave work right now and goto Autozone and pick up Viking 100% wash mitts. I would never use a sponge from walmart on my car..

-Antonio[/b]
hahahaha

he's right though - get the Viking 100% mitt.
it's all i use - and to dry - i use the water blade - then follow up with MF Towel where WB can't get.... smile

E
Eric L Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Quote:
Originally posted by Antonio Wright:

-Antonio
smile laugh I didn't mean the bottom of the barrell wash mit, I used their top of the line one at least. Besides, I said Target, not Wal-Mart I hate going into Wal-mart. smile

Do you mean the rectangular white stringy block looking thing? That is the same material that is on the wash mits I use now, the chenile strands. They get caught in the crevices all around the car and I find them for days after a wash. Then when I rinse it out after each use, it leaves half of itself in the street where I dump the bucket.

Seems like I am buying a new mitt every month or 2, and thats only 4-5 washes!

I wasn't thinking of a cheap kitchen-type sponge, I know I have seen nicer coral sponges in magazines such as Griots Garage and the California Car Cover Co.

Guess I'll have to check out the Viking mits. Thanks for the help!

P.S. I have 3 Absorbers that I absolutely love! I have a good one that is just for paint, then my original one that is 4-5 years old that has been downgraded to wheels, bottomr of bumpers and door-jams. smile

2000 SVT Contour - Silver # 1675/2150
svt1675@comcast.net
This Shine brought to you by the letter "Z" for Zaino
D
D
Those wash mitts from Target are awful. I remember picking one up to buy it, and by the time I was at the checkout half the thing had fallen apart into my hands and all over my clothes. So now I just use a POS sponge. I'll check out that Viking mitt, though.

Silver E1
I'm afraid Speed Demon has given me the mod bug.
AIM: Davo7Wins
G
G
So you wash your car.........interesting. Maybe I should start a poll to see who partakes in this "car washing" ritual? Mind writing a How-To for the main section of the site? laugh

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard