Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
O
OP Offline
O
so i purchased a nice polished bullitt fuel door last year.

install went fine, then over the course of this winter on the east coast (which was pretty tame) it corroded all to hell and the chrome is coming off.

it looks like the doors aren't really polished at all. they are just chromed (and cheaply at that).

i think i'm just going to get a normal bullitt door and replace it.

has anyone else had this trouble with either the polished or non-polished version?

thanks
-eric

Please: put something meaningful in your post subject! NOT "please readme!".
--------------------
"your" is possessive, "you're" is the conjunction that is short for "you are", "there" is for "the dictionary is over THERE", "their" is the possessive one, and "they're" is a conjunction that is short for "they are". have a nice day :rolleyes:
--------------------
Silver Frost non-E1 SVT/Contour
see my registry/profile: http://contour.org/carprofile/carprofile.cgi?a=display&uid=00004623
E
E
I didn't know there was more than 1 available from Ford. Mine has made it through a non-tame Mid-western winter, with lots of salt and such.

Granted, I tried to hit the manual wash at least once a week to get all of that stuff off, maybe that is the problem.

Did you polish/wax it at all? I had a couple of coats of Zaino on mine and have since put 2 or 3 more on .

2000 SVT Contour - Silver # 1675/2150
svt1675@comcast.net
This Shine brought to you by the letter "Z" for Zaino
L
L
Quote:
Originally posted by Oo.et.oO:
so i purchased a nice polished bullitt fuel door last year.

install went fine, then over the course of this winter on the east coast (which was pretty tame) it corroded all to hell and the chrome is coming off.

it looks like the doors aren't really polished at all. they are just chromed (and cheaply at that).

i think i'm just going to get a normal bullitt door and replace it.

has anyone else had this trouble with either the polished or non-polished version?

thanks
-eric
I don't mean to be rude but if you get another bullit door would you be willing to sell the one you got?

2000 Contour Zetec ATX
Hector
Mods...I got em'
"Contour grills, Contour bills, check out the oil my Contour spills."
2.SLO = 17.6 at 80mph
My profile
F
F
didnt have a problem with mine through a Buffalo winter. Just had it powdercoated black. (a friend owns a powdercoating company) And it came out pretty well. I dont have the polished one though. It was just the regular.

Seeya
FUseface
"Superhero Extrordinaire"
"I am Nigh-Invulnerable!"
97 LX Sport

AIM:MiguelAD8
M
Moe Offline
M
Oo.et.oO,

did you get a "so called"-"billet" door, or a "Bullitt" door??? The Bullitt door is the FoMoCo item, there is a pony on the inside of the door.

-- Mike (Moe)Lester --
98.5 SVT #5486
moesvt@comcast.net
Get your a$$ on IM and stop wasting bandwidth!!!!!!

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard