Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
OP Offline
J
If buying a chip was one of the first things that I bought and it was programmed with my MAF and thats it,but now i wanted to add a differetial, throttle body and maybe some other things. I was wondering if i keep doing engine mods do I have to get the chip reprogrammed or do I have to buy a new one, or can I just leave it alone?

98.5 CSVT, 21%Tint, Helo Lotus 18's chrome, Alpine stereo, MTX amp-2 12"subs, B+M shortshifter,Chip, MAF,Kurtz- Rev induction. More mods to come soon...
N
N
You only reprogram the standard program when you add...

Cams
Heads
Larger Injectors
Change Rev and Speed limiters (stock programs do this already to an extent)
Headers
TB
YPipe
Forced Induction
Idle problems *
Rich/lean conditions *
*(SAFC could fix these problems)

If you do minor mods like Intake, MAF and Exhaust don't worry about getting a custom program just yet. Just get a SAFC and get it dyno tuned and you'll be okay with the TB as well.

What chip are you getting? See my sig below for my mods, i'm using the standard Diablo program. I think i'm running about 180 @ the wheels (DYNO COMING IN 2 WEEKS).

SVT EMBLEM MOD HERE

:::96:C:LX:::
Black 2.5L ATX "my beater" - Shaved ? badgeless ? SE rocker panels
:::99:SVT:C::: #2566 of 2760
T-RED/TAN "the bitçh" Brullen Cat-back w/ 3.5" angle-cut tips ? BAT European Suspension ? AFE Filter ? CnL 73mm MAF ? Diablosport Chip :MNQ3: ? Mirko front spilter ? Apexi SAFC (i'm scared to install! anyone in Norcal wanna help me?)

..::nyceboicreations.com::..
email:junkmail@nyceboicreations.com
J
OP Offline
J
i already have a chip, its a jet chip, and i have a MAF and intake already, but i got a mustang TB at my house not in my car yet bc i dont know if I have to change my chip or do anything to it.

98.5 CSVT, 21%Tint, Helo Lotus 18's chrome, Alpine stereo, MTX amp-2 12"subs, B+M shortshifter,Chip, MAF,Kurtz- Rev induction. More mods to come soon...
N
N
hmmmmm..... somebody correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm sure you don't need a reburn just yet.

SVT EMBLEM MOD HERE

:::96:C:LX:::
Black 2.5L ATX "my beater" - Shaved ? badgeless ? SE rocker panels
:::99:SVT:C::: #2566 of 2760
T-RED/TAN "the bitçh" Brullen Cat-back w/ 3.5" angle-cut tips ? BAT European Suspension ? AFE Filter ? CnL 73mm MAF ? Diablosport Chip :MNQ3: ? Mirko front spilter ? Apexi SAFC (i'm scared to install! anyone in Norcal wanna help me?)

..::nyceboicreations.com::..
email:junkmail@nyceboicreations.com
M
M
I have a superchip and have y-pipe, removed resonator, K&N, Bat intake pipe, modded maf and tb and optimizer. I have not had to reburn yet. Car runs just fine.

98 EO #587
Currently Dirt Jumping
D
D
Most chips makers have but 1 code for each PCM code. (our cars anyway frown )

You ask for a chip. They burn the latest standard code version and that's it. End of story.

Unless you go to a authorized chip tuner (I.E. dyno tuning on site while they call the chip manufacturer and have them edit the chips parameters and then they download the new custom code) you will never get anything besides their generic one-size-fits-all code.

Custom codes start at $200 for a reburn. Twice that if you don't have a chip already! Add dyno time on top of that.

To date only Superchips does custom chips. Diablo has been saying for over 2 years they are going to but I don't see that ever happening.
Hopefully Autologic releases end user tuning software or EEC or twEECer do in the near future. I'm not holding my breathe though. When it happens it happens and my superchip will be a paperweight... laugh

2000 SVT #674 - Check it out!

Whoever coined the phrase; "If it ain't broke; don't fix it" ~ Just doesn't get it...

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard