Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#121886 08/01/02 04:10 AM
N
OP Offline
N
Ok, I'm wondering if there's any way I can tell if I have a quiafe in my car, without opening up the tranny. The car is a 99 SE V6 5 spd, and when I burn out hard enough to leave rubber (not very often) I leave 2 treads, but usually I'm dumping the clutch pretty hard, not always, but usually. The car occasionly does seem to have some torque steer but not all the time. I bought the car used from a dealer up here, but a paper I found in the glovebox while test driving it seemed to indicate it had come from the Detroit area, and I have a small feeling the car was modified at least a little before I had it. So, is there any good way to tell without dropping the tranny? Any opinions or thoughts on if I do or don't possibly have a quafe in my car? Thanks for any help with this, if any is rendered before the site shuts down.

~Shawn Clone~

1999 SE Sport V6 MTX
Silver frost/Midnight Blue
BAT Euro Handling kit, SCA Cold Air intake, painted dash/calipers, Elky's mesh grille, bulitt fuel door,B&M shifter, ES motor mount inserts, OMP front strut tower brace, newest mod- HPP rear strut tower brace ...coming soon, Aussie Bar
Possabilities in the works: Custom CAI, Polished stainless shifter cover plate
#121887 08/01/02 04:40 AM
L
Administrator
Administrator
L
Doubt it. All 'tours will leave two tracks in a straight line, it's what they do in a corner wink You'll just smoke the inside tire every time.

The sensation in a corner (not burning out) with a Quaife is that the car starts to turn in sharper as the power goes to the outside wheel. It's a strange feeling the first couple of times!

-Lance

Lance Kinley
CEG Webmaster
95SE, "Official CEG Beater"
Quaife, SVT parts, ST200 wheels, SS Y-pipe
I perceive you to be a stand-up, rational individual...

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard