Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
D
Quote:
Originally posted by RedSVT:
Yeah!!! I love the sound of a hord of bumble bee's when I'm traveling at 45 MPH! I also love the extra wear I put on the engine turning all those extra RPM's to do the same thing my 4 cyl. turbo car does so easily at 2000-3000 RPM. Yep makes perfect sense to me! :rolleyes:
Apples to oranges. If you are going to spout off atleast get some semblance of a clue first.

3000rpm is nothing rpm wise to this engine. It is also less taxing on the engine because it is not lugging at a lower rpm.

...and if you car sounds like a horde of bumblebees at any rpm. You should definitely get that fixed! It's annoying the rest of us... :p

2000 SVT #674 - Check it out!

Whoever coined the phrase; "If it ain't broke; don't fix it" ~ Just doesn't get it...
R
R
Quote:
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Quote:
[b]Yeah!!! I love the sound of a hord of bumble bee's when I'm traveling at 45 MPH! I also love the extra wear I put on the engine turning all those extra RPM's to do the same thing my 4 cyl. turbo car does so easily at 2000-3000 RPM. Yep makes perfect sense to me! :rolleyes:
Apples to oranges. If you are going to spout off atleast get some semblance of a clue first.

3000rpm is nothing rpm wise to this engine. It is also less taxing on the engine because it is not lugging at a lower rpm.

...and if you car sounds like a horde of bumblebees at any rpm. You should definitely get that fixed! It's annoying the rest of us... :p [/b]
must be a VW

"Wow, that sank fast." "Yeah, like a rock."
96 Contour GL ATX
9mm Ford Racing Wires; 2 Resonators down, 1 to go;"Special airbox"; many mods planned
Sony CD player: 50wattsx4;remote;
Speakers=50 watt Pioneer 6x8s
Ross Evans smile
J
jiako Offline OP
OP Offline
J
if you were to sit in NYC traffic for hours have the ac and not get out of 1st gear for miles you would want the torque also......I guess all these engineers and car manufactures (BMW LEXUS) dont know what they are doing. I agree if you are running a "drag racecar" only then yes no VGI is needed. if you are on a road course and a daily driver i do see them being beneficial and useful.

jiako|98 svt silver|kkm true rev|18" Enkie RS5 wrapped w/falken GRB FK451 215/40|Mesh grill|
Sony headunit|Boston Acoutics (4)5X7|Memphis 1100 amp|(2) JL 12W3|KVR X drilled rotors|35% tint|2.25" True Duals w/ Magnaflows| kkm pedals|LSD|Fidnaza Flywheel|Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch|FMS wires|Konis/Eibach|ESP bushings and Mounts|75MM PRO FLOW|DMD|Aluminum shifter & E-brake handle|SAFC|HID's and a few more cc's 196.1 and 183.4
B
B
Quote:
Originally posted by jiako:
if you were to sit in NYC traffic for hours have the ac and not get out of 1st gear for miles you would want the torque also......I guess all these engineers and car manufactures (BMW LEXUS) dont know what they are doing. I agree if you are running a "drag racecar" only then yes no VGI is needed. if you are on a road course and a daily driver i do see them being beneficial and useful.
You're right. Keep your secondaries if you have to drive like that. If you're actually able to drive the speed limit where you live, second, third, fourth, and fifth gear never see below 3,500 RPM anyway. That's when it's an advantage to remove them. Second gear at 40 MPH is my favorite, screeeech and I'm gone! :p

Brad Noon
'99 SE MTX
3 point oh my God H.O. 179HP/178TQ
BNMotorsports Floormats, powder coating, TB optimizing, Gutted cats, etc
BNMotorsports is now the preferred distributor of Contour/SVT/Mystique Indiglo style gauges!!!
bnmotorsports@msn.com
J
jiako Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thanks brad for a decent reply. I to would remove secondaries and come up with some sort of way to get full potential out of a normal setup but in my case drivablitly is an issue and when removed i need that down low. but i wont lie when i say i blow out of every toll like a runaway bandit.

jiako|98 svt silver|kkm true rev|18" Enkie RS5 wrapped w/falken GRB FK451 215/40|Mesh grill|
Sony headunit|Boston Acoutics (4)5X7|Memphis 1100 amp|(2) JL 12W3|KVR X drilled rotors|35% tint|2.25" True Duals w/ Magnaflows| kkm pedals|LSD|Fidnaza Flywheel|Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch|FMS wires|Konis/Eibach|ESP bushings and Mounts|75MM PRO FLOW|DMD|Aluminum shifter & E-brake handle|SAFC|HID's and a few more cc's 196.1 and 183.4
D
D
I only have noticable loss of torque below 2000rpm. Seems there wasn't much to begin with anyway.

It's not like the car is un-drivable in the "lugging" zone it just takes a little more pedal to get the same response. This car never had any real power down low. Before this mod I think I had one of the highest 2.5L low end torque dynos (~169TQ) & I feel the loss from removing them (& tuning) is negligible at best.

The gains far outweigh any amount lost at such low rpms.

I used to drive with them pinned open because the car drove so much better. Better throttle response, better acceleration after a shift, and better high rpm stability for starters.

Yes I have driven it in rush hour traffic with the A/C on without any problems.

I also noticed that the addition of the DMD really made the bottom end feel much stronger & run smoother. The later I expected, but the former was a nice bonus.

Whoever coined the phrase; "If it ain't broke; don't fix it" ~ Just doesn't get it...
R
R
Quote:
Quote:
[b]Yeah!!! I love the sound of a hord of bumble bee's when I'm traveling at 45 MPH! I also love the extra wear I put on the engine turning all those extra RPM's to do the same thing my 4 cyl. turbo car does so easily at 2000-3000 RPM. Yep makes perfect sense to me! :rolleyes:

...and if you car sounds like a horde of bumblebees at any rpm. You should definitely get that fixed! It's annoying the rest of us... :p [/b]
ROTFL!!!!! Thats some funny coments there!!! I really liked the one about the tractor! HaHaHa LOL. I geuss you think that DOHC and multivalve engines are new technology? The only problem with the duraturd engine is the fact it was built with a leaning towards a typical eurojunk powerband! The # of cams or valves has nothing to do with its lack luster performance #'s down low. By the way you do sound like a bunch of bee's swarming when you go down the street at 35 MPH and turning 3500 RPM! Very ricey indeed! LOL!! :p

R
R
Quote:
Originally posted by Redcon96I4:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:

must be a VW[/b]
Not hardly!!! But thanks for piling on! :p

D
D
RedSVT - your intelligence, common sense, and grip of the absurd clearly show through in that post.

I have nothing to add that you didn't prove for me already...

Good day... :rolleyes:

R
R
Quote:
RedSVT - your intelligence, common sense, and grip of the absurd clearly show through in that post.

I have nothing to add that you didn't prove for me already...

Good day... :rolleyes:
HaHaHa!!!! Your one to talk! LOL!!!! Prove me wrong![you can not do it!] There are too many examples of DOHC multivalve engines out there that smoke this engine in the low end torque dept. I'm sorry if you can not accept the truth! Saying that the engine is a DOHC multivalve engine and that is the reason it does not have any ass is BS and getting very old and tired. It is just NOT the case! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard