Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#1637779 08/30/06 05:35 AM
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
I didn't go to a community college like you, but to an IT school. Besides the main classes, the class I hated the most was Economics. I couldn't stand stand that class because I found it extremely boring. I found myself daydreaming a lot in there. I couldn't wait for class to end. I'll be done very soon.

Last edited by PacificTourG; 08/30/06 06:05 AM.

'98 Contour Pacific Green(Modded) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/676416 FS:'98-00 Contour front bumper.Brand new unused (Non-SVT)
#1637780 08/30/06 05:43 AM
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
My college starts in a week...Community college to be exact. Though its suppose to be one of the best in the state. Kinda feel like I'm missing the going away stuff too, but I have friends that are letting me crash at their dorms when I dont have classes the next day

#1637781 08/30/06 12:13 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Online Content
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by ancientsanskrit:
How aren't you expelled when you fail 6 of 12 classes????

That involves a very long explanation regarding the expectations at my college (failing two courses is common and practically expected), the degree of a failure (they don't go on your transcript) and the accelerated scheduling (7 week terms instead of 14 week semesters). I failed one class a term for three terms and snowflaked a term. (More info. ) Like I said before it involved a LOT of work to pull myself out of that hole, including regular meetings I set up with academic advising my soph year, and my financial aid was damaged badly (read: tons of loans), but since that time I had not failed a class or even done badly in a term. With the help of summer courses, overloading and working more hours a week, which helped me get scheduling together, I was able to graduate on time. Almost graduated with honors as well - only thing stopping me was one professor's screwing a project team over (gave us a bad grade due to circumstances that were his fault - though that's another long story in itself!)

The work was well worth it - I have now landed a great job, have my own apartment, and am strongly thinking of taking evening courses in pursuit of my MBA starting next year or so.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard