Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
LOL......i'll say the stupid answer then......

a 50 shot? lol!

1998 CSVT NX stage 1 ford EFI kit MSD dis-4 B&M short throw K&N short ram intake Fsvt Euro 17's Trubendz 2.5" exhaust Spec stage 3 249.9 HP 258.2 TRQ clutch slipping the whole time
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by maven:
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
There is no helping this guy. I wish i had the power to lock threads like this.

Why is that?

I have had a 98 Tuarus with a Duratec that pushed 265hp, I have had a 99 Taurus with a Vulcan that pushed 315hp and a 96 SHO that pushed 380hp.

The problem is the company I bought the Duratec parts from went out of buisness about 7 years ago and I don't want to supercharge it like I did the SHO and SE.

I am wanting luxury not performance.

As for mods, I have done nothing...not even a K&N.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
There is no helping this guy. I wish i had the power to lock threads like this.

Why is that?

I have had a 98 Tuarus with a Duratec that pushed 265hp, I have had a 99 Taurus with a Vulcan that pushed 315hp and a 96 SHO that pushed 380hp.

The problem is the company I bought the Duratec parts from went out of buisness about 7 years ago and I don't want to supercharge it like I did the SHO and SE.

Sorry to pry but you got a standard vulcan 3.0 ohv dynoing at 315hp. that is striaght up bs.

Man this site is going down and going down fast.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Or maybe you are reading what you want to read just to bash him. What I gathered from his post is that he had some previous modded cars that did those numbers now he is looking into moding this engine and asked what to do in order to get 50hp.

W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W

Why is that?

So if you have a bare 3l engine then a set of MSDS headers, SVT cams, light headwork and intake work in the form of porting, open exhaust, and finally a retune of the PCM with SVT timing tables ought to make the engine produce an additional 50 HP over a STOCK 3L engine.
With an ATX, that may not help a lot though.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
M
maven Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally posted by Harrry:

Sorry to pry but you got a standard vulcan 3.0 ohv dynoing at 315hp. that is striaght up bs.

What is so hard to grasp about 315hp Vulcan considering all the market modifications: superchargers, pistons, cranks and exhaust/intake.?

My Duratec Taurus pulled 265hp but I am not willing to spend the money on this like I did on it, plus two of the companies I bought alot of parts for are no longer in buisness.

My SHO is my project car and I have spent close to 8k on it but it drowned and at the moment it was easier and cheaper to do this swap than to get it fixed.

Now if you wondering why I dont just get a universal supercharger for my contour it is because I am not wanting a street racer, I am wanting a sporty daily driver.

Originally posted by warmonger:
So if you have a bare 3l engine then a set of MSDS headers, SVT cams, light headwork and intake work in the form of porting, open exhaust, and finally a retune of the PCM with SVT timing tables ought to make the engine produce an additional 50 HP over a STOCK 3L engine.
With an ATX, that may not help a lot though.

Thank you Warmonger, here is what I already have in my garage left over from another project.

Borla Cat-back Exhaust splits into a dual (Contour)
Helix Cut Cold Air Intake (V8 SHO...I have a pipe bender)
ROSS Pistons (3L Duratec)
Pelican Steel Valves (3L Duratec)

I'll try and keep everyone updated as I go along.

D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Wait, this 3L is a 96? And you want to put it in what year Contour? ATX, MTX? The motor is not from the SHO is it? Sorry, I'm confused, regardless, read up on the 3L duratec, anything 2000 and under doesn't have a cam-driven water-pump like the Contour does, and IIRC (correct me if I'm wrong) will require 2.5 heads.

'99 Spruce Green SE "Sport" 'Tour, 2.5L MTX...80K and running like it just rolled off the lot. Tryin' to add an extra .5L ASAP
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
or an electric waterpump?

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by Harrry:

What is so hard to grasp about 315hp Vulcan considering all the market modifications: superchargers, pistons, cranks and exhaust/intake.?

sooo. tell me what you added to this 3.0l year date of motor etc. it's an se 3.0l what year auto was it.

So please can you post a dyno.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
M
maven Offline OP
OP Offline
M
The engine swap is done it is a 3.0L Duratec from a 96LX, I swapped the wiring harness with it.

As for both my non-sho Tauri, I sold both of them to get a the Contour, used engine and SHO.

Here is what I had in my Vulcan (not complete):
Whipple Universal Supercharger
Shaker Intake
Ported Intake Runners and manifolds
Borla Split Exhaust
AX4N-E
Mallory Mechanical Fuel Pump w/ regulator
Borla Highflow Cat
Borla Cat-back exhaust
ROSS Forged Pistons
24/lb Fuel Injector
Trans GO Shift Kit