Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Look

I ended up giving in and getting this one. I talked to the guy at Circuit City forever and am gonna read the reviews and everything before I open the box. Still might return it. What do you guys think?

98 Lime Green SE w/SVT Kit, Projectors, CF Hood, 18" Rims, GC's, Shaved, System 98.5 Silver SVT #5737 Black FSVT Rims, MSDS, BAT Drop 85 Toyota PU Lifted 06 GSX R 600 Black/Silver My Rides
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
im planning on buying this: http://www.trustedreviews.com/article.aspx?art=2072

its called the S9000 here in the states and at under $600, an awesome deal.

~Ryan 1999 T-Red SVT Contour 41k Miles #1701 / 2760 B&M, Custom Y-Pipe, Alpine HU, Pioneer 6x8's & 6x9's
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Originally posted by skrilla187:
Look

I ended up giving in and getting this one. I talked to the guy at Circuit City forever and am gonna read the reviews and everything before I open the box. Still might return it. What do you guys think?

The size and style are cool, but doesn't seem to take the best shots from what I can see.

IMO, it is hard to go wrong with a Canon.

"Bros before Hoes" <-- More men need this mentality.
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by Pete D:
Originally posted by skrilla187:
Look

The size and style are cool, but doesn't seem to take the best shots from what I can see.

IMO, it is hard to go wrong with a Canon.

For a beginner who wants BOTH great shots & ease of use - there are 3 brands that I would consider.

1. Kodak
2. Canon
3. Nikon

Use CNET.com to compare brands & models. Their editorial reviews are usually on the money, but you've got to keep in mind what is important to you so you pick the right camera. Don't get too carried away with pixels. I own a 3MP Kodak that takes better pictures than MANY 5MP cameras I've seen.

I've purchased & used many Kodaks - own three for myself & my daughters. Simple to use & great results in a vast array of situations. Their mid-range cameras are outstanding for the prices.

Canon is right up there with ease of use & also takes great pictures. Downside is that for the price there is usually a slightly better Kodak available - but not always.

Nikon cameras had been much like the Kodak cameras in ease of use but with better picture quality. The menu systems for Nikon have become more cumbersome - especially in the higher end models, so be wary of them now, but still worth considering even though pricey.

* EDIT *
Did a little more research & in that style of camera the Canon SD700-IS seems to be a better camera than the 610 - for less money. I send you an e-mail with comparisons, I hope you have html. I also wasn't expecting the mail to be so large. Sorry 'bout that...

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Guitarman, awesome camera. Get it! I like the richness of the chrome mode picture. Really livens up the color saturation - but not excessively so. I like!

R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Not bad at all Rara. I noticed a little blue color bleed in some of the shots, but overall some nice quality pictures with few artifacts - I didn't find any, in fact.

Got any pictures in full sunlight that we can see?

R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Nice camera. I had actually considered the A85 as one of my work cameras, but had to ditch it because the camera I needed was required to have the newer SD cards instead of the old CF units.

#1627945 08/11/06 11:55 AM
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
I recommand Canon cameras as well. I have the A75, similar to Rara, but 3MP. A friend of mine has an A20, 4-5 years old and still taking great photos. My Bro has the S1 IS with great image stabilization.

From Mackinac Island w/ A75
Daughter taken with A75
Daughter taken with the S1 IS

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard