Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Cali SE Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hey guys,
I need help and advice. What spark plug wires do I get and where is the best (cheapest) place to get them? The stock ones have been fine and its not a show car so I'm okay with the factory motorcraft ones, and some guys are running magnecores and say they are the sh*t. Anyone have any recomendations or where to find good deals on either? TIA

--Ken
96 SE MTX Black, KKM Tru-rev, SVT Exhaust, SP/KVR brakes. Now if only I could drive...
Ford's Motorsport 9mm wires, get them from Bill Jenkins (VegasBaby)

"My family hauler can kick your family hauler's @SS!"
~~~~1999 Contour SE Sport~~~~
-KKM True Rev
-Custom cat back Flowmaster exhaust
-All Cat's fixed.
-SHO Shop Off-Road Y-pipe
-Many other Mod's done...
D
D
I think spmotorsports.com or performancefords.com have the best deal on magnecors. I've heard it put this way - magnecors are more expensive, but they will out last the car. Am I wrong? Have I heard wrong?

2000 Silver SVT #1602
Check it out in the registry!
Mi Coche
C
Cali SE Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Dang, I miss a little bit i miss a lot, wasn't Bill in Boston or something? I got my SVT exhaust and hanger thingie from him. How do i get a hold of him these days?
Thanks for the replies, this list makes maintaining the 'tour a lot easier.

--Ken
96 SE MTX Black, KKM Tru-rev, SVT Exhaust, SP/KVR brakes. Now if only I could drive...
R
R
I contacted Bill for wires a little while back and he said call sentry. They were charging more than BAT so I called BAT. BAT was the cheapest place I could find them, $42 shipped. I've heard of a few other places that are cheaper, but don't know who they are,,, check the group buy section. The Ford Racing wires are good, I likes them lots.

"Wow, that sank fast." "Yeah, like a rock."
96 Contour GL ATX
9mm Ford Racing Wires; 2 Resonators down, 1 to go;"Special airbox"; many mods planned
Sony CD player: 50wattsx4;remote;
Speakers=50 watt Pioneer 6x8s
Ross Evans smile
G
G
I was about to ask the same question to you guys, what are the best and where do I get them?
I'd like blue ones. You reckon BAT are the cheapest?
Does Bill stock them? If so does he ship to UK?
Price for these leads in UK are crazy money frown

I
I
After Jenkins left me high and dry about the ford racing wires, I contacted a place called Chicago Connection, and got them for $42.00/ set. His name is Bill & phone # is 773-229-0655. got very good service, and he's a nice guy with a small shop specializing in ford & chrysler racing stuff. He can also supply you with braided brake lines for the contour. wink

S
S
I have to agree with Derk2000 on the Magnecor plug wires, great quality product that lasts a long time. I have them on my CSVT, Protege amd Miata with good results. They cured a chronic high end miss that Protege's are known for. I get mine from Truechoice.

Respectfully,
Andy Hohl

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard