Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Obviously we won't know until we see the real thing, but these greatly resemble the 2007 Sport Utility platform, which has failed to impress me. Some points are nice, like the 170 degree doors.

However it appears the truck cannot be purchased without OnStar. This would prevent me from even considering it.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
wow! a pick-up truck!

For Sale: - Sony PSP with a Baseball 2k6 and the movie Crash. $100 - 1973 Karmann Ghia Convertible w/ Auto-Stick. Needs Restoration. $1200 OBO
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
gosh darn-it, I hate how GM recycles their new 'ideas.' That's just a modified platform of some other car they ALREADY have, it probbaly has a copy of the GM stereo that they put in the Sky, Aura, Outlook, and Vue. (Only GM brand I like is Saturn, and that's cause we have a Vue Redline at home ).

Uh... ya it's a truck I don't see how a TRUCK will boost sales. Put out something that looks better than the cobalt or pursuit, like the new Saturn Astra and I'll be impressed.

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
So when are people going to figure out that with $3.25 a gallon gasoline, pickups don't make good commuter vehicles? On my 100 mile daily commute, I'm passed constantly by people in 4x4 four door pickups and SUV's. I don't have any sympathy when they gripe about their gas bills. If everybody drove cars that got as good a mileage as Contours/Mystiques did, gas prices would be a lot less, as there wouldn't be the demand for gas. Just my 2 cents.

-Mark- '99 Mystique LS, totally original (including the original water pump and the premium stereo)! Bought new in December 1998 for $21,000. 208,000 miles
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Oh good lord...here we go again on the gas price thing!

I like the looks of this new Silverado, but not more than the F-150. And the 170�° doors, well, they're a few years behind Nissan on that one. The locking tailgate? MANY years behind Ford on that one. Once again, the General is playing catch-up, and not playing it to win. It certainly isn't going to get me to trade in my 2000 GMC 1 ton crew, gas hog that it is. I LOVE that truck! All 22 feet of him! Personally, I don't know if I'll ever bother to own one of the last gen of GM trucks, or this new generation.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
I didn't think this would go over too well on this site, but I thought I'd expose at least a few of you to the new truck. I can tell you right now that the differences between My truck and that truck are like looking at a WWI Biplane and a WWII fighter.

As for the comment about how a truck will improve sales. I think GM moved 700K of those buggers not too long ago, but I could be mistaken.

I've been looking at pictures of the truck for many weeks now and for some reason it looks better and better every time. I don't think it looks anything like the Ridgeline anymore.

The light duty trucks will be introduced by themselves at first and then the Heavys will be gradually phased in. I have seen MANY spy shots of the dually's and they look BEEFY. From what I hear, GM is planning on phasing in the entire new lineup of trucks(Heavys included) in a six month timeframe. It took them two years last time.

Oh, lest I forget, the GMC Sierra is going to be much different than the Chevrolet this time around. You Ford guys just might enjoy the looks of the GMC better! GMC

The GMC website gives you some 360 degree views of the truck, which help to relieve the "Ridgelininess" of the Chevy sites' pictures.

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
"I can tell you right now that the differences between My truck and that truck are like looking at a WWI Biplane and a WWII fighter."

Yeah, becasue you own a POS Silverado.

2000 Contour SE Sport Originator of the Beowulf Headlight Mod and the Beowulf CAI
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
I dont think anyone is going to be running away from GMC anytime soon..

They need to seriously consider there multi-platform crap.

They need to phase out saturn and GMC. Make it Pontiac and Chev and make some money.. Cut there stupid "unique designs" and make something that looks fresh and new. They need to revamp the entire lineup and stop doing "updates" on there old products (like what Diamler did)

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Where is the diesel option?

Pickup and large SUV sales are down quite a bit and will continue to do so. I think you would have to really love your truck to enjoy those $100 fill ups and a whopping 12mpg or whatever.

"Bros before Hoes" <-- More men need this mentality.
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Ugly, plain and simple.

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest... Maverick Machineworks is open for business!! Tell me what you need and I can make it!
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard