Page 2 of 2 1 2
#1623746 08/04/06 05:30 PM
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by AliasJerkââ??¢:

One of my friends is giving me a brand new dell jukebox witha fryed hard drive, im gonna see if I can replace the hard drive in it... One of my new projects.

really easy. someone gave me a 20gb zen with a bad drive, i picked up a 40gb for $75 and bang - perfectly working mp3 player.

as far as functionality goes, i've used both ipod's and my own creative and while they work differently - they all do the same thing. The creative is a little on the big side, but it's not inconvenient. Plus itunes sucks big time.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
#1623747 08/04/06 05:45 PM
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
I really wish I had of gotten a regular ipod so I could replace the battery in it

Umm.... you can. I've done it ;0 I'm on my second battery with the mini.

#1623748 08/04/06 05:55 PM
R
RawBurt Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by ââ??â??\âË?»/ââ??º:
I really wish I had of gotten a regular ipod so I could replace the battery in it

Can you replace the battery on the the video ipod? And if so, how much is it?

#1623749 08/04/06 06:08 PM
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by BatteryLight:

its a DIY job, you buy the battery kit off ebay for $20 there also are various sets of instructions that show you how to replace it... on the newer Videos its considerably more difficult to replace the battery because they glue it to the top of the processor (I think?) inside of the ipod. Hentz is why they wear out, they over heat and the paste that creats the salt bridge over time drys up making a crappy connection between the two other dry chemicals inside of the battery (Lithium Ion)... Thank you chemistry

Where are the instructions on how to replace the battery in a mini? I have no ide how you would open that sucker up???

I know on the regular ipod you can just open it up half and half where the metal meets the plastic.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
#1623750 08/04/06 06:14 PM
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Thanks for the help guys.

If he wants to replace it I suggest he gets a Creative Zen Video. WAY better an an Ipod.

In your opinion. I've had origional ipod, a mini and a video. Also had the newest zen and i can say the ipod is better in nearly every way. Get anapod explorer for your ipod usage though. 10000000x better then itunes.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than itunes!!

98 T-Red SVT -- TH/BAT Tranny -- SPEC Clutch & Flywheel Torsen - Keyed Tower - Custom shift forks Optimized TB - B&M Shifter - Elky Mesh - Indiglo
#1623751 08/04/06 06:41 PM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S

If its out of warrenty you can send it to apple and they will send you a new ipod for $59
http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/service/battery/

If its under warrenty its free

or you can do it yourself

Cameron 98 Black CSVT #2958
#1623752 08/04/06 06:55 PM
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by Knip:
Thanks for the help guys.

If he wants to replace it I suggest he gets a Creative Zen Video. WAY better an an Ipod.

In your opinion. I've had origional ipod, a mini and a video. Also had the newest zen and i can say the ipod is better in nearly every way. Get anapod explorer for your ipod usage though. 10000000x better then itunes.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than itunes!!

I just installed the newest version of Winamp and it has support for all portable music players, like the iPod and others. It doesn't have all the features that iTunes or Anapod have but in a pinch it's good since I use Winamp.

1999 Contour SE Duratec ATX My feet and the Stra�Ÿenbahn http://www.tempo-topaz-performance.com/topazsho/ the coolest Topaz ever! To bad it's not mine
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard