Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
I have a weard clunking noise from the passenger side of my car when i go over any bumps. I know i tightend the bolts down tight so i dont think it could be that. I just put the koni kit on me car so please help. Spring colapsing?

J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Maybe a couple of things.

1. Did you make sure the spring end is upagainst the perch of the strut bottom, and the top of the spring is seated good against the top plate.

2. A worn swaybar link bushing, or swaybar link, and swaybar link bolt (bolt maybe loose)

3. Bushing (body to strut) the strut shaft is shifting inside the hole (a worn mount not common in the rear)

4. Plastic cover missing on bump stop to subframe (metal to metal)

JD a.k.a Fingers "Don't Panic" '98 Contour GL 2.0L VCT ATX 88k '98 Contour LX 2.5L MTX 120k Street racing can kill just less of a chance with a 2.0
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by jd2-98s:
Maybe a couple of things.

1. Did you make sure the spring end is upagainst the perch of the strut bottom, and the top of the spring is seated good against the top plate.

2. A worn swaybar link bushing, or swaybar link, and swaybar link bolt (bolt maybe loose)

3. Bushing (body to strut) the strut shaft is shifting inside the hole (a worn mount not common in the rear)

4. Plastic cover missing on bump stop to subframe (metal to metal)

im going to say #2 the Sway bar endlink is attached to the strut. Chances are when you swapped the suspension you reused the endlink. If you try to turn the bolt on the endlink and all the endlink bolt does is spin... You have a bad endlink that wont retain any tension. Usualy they wear out abotu 90K milesish. Bill Jenkins will probably charge you $25 a link, OH! and be sure you have a dremel handy, it works wounders, just cut straight down the nut until you get through it, use a screwdriver and the nut will just pop off, its about 100X easier then trying to actually turn the nut.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by AliasJerkââ??¢:

... the Sway bar endlink is attached to the strut. ...

Not on the rear.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard