Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by parkedcar:

The main thing though that sold me, is the lack of viruses and spyware/addware.
My GF's sister has had her mac for 4 years now, and never had a virus or any problem like that.
Same with my GF's iMac. A year so far and NO problems.

Just wait, if enough of these mac's start to sell, I have 10$ irl that says you will see a bunch of new mac virus's come out =)

Btw, get virex.

F
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
F
OSX Hacked
Clicky

To hackers and Virus programers its all about the biggest impact. So since OSX and Linux have a smaller following they are tipically safer for these threats for now. As popularity grows for OSX I assure you, there will be more viruses out there and in increasing numbers

On a side note There is no OS that can protect you fully from these attacks, there will always be a hole some where

2002 Ford ZX2 5spd (2nd baby) Former owner of 1998 Mystique (never filled the shoes on my first love)parents traded for new sable Former owner of 1996 Mystique(My true baby )
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Rouar:
I heard that to use Boot Camp, you had to completely shut down one operating system in order to boot into the other - is this true? Highly inconvenient if you ask me.

I know you can switch between Classic and OSX within OSX, but having to shut down the OS to change to a different OS sounds like every other PC multi-booting.

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Well I just picked up a new iMac.
I know they arent 100% virus proof but its the best computer for my needs.
And it is the industry standard when it comes to graphic design.

It is a dongle that i was refering too. I called the company that makes the program, and they said it shoudl run, but no guarentees, and i am getting a replacement USB key.
I have 21 days to make sure everything will work after that, i cant return the computer.

Thats for all the input!

'99 CSVT 152k miles '95 YJ www.VFXCustom.com PM me with anything you need done in Vinyl.
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B

Not 100% proof, but probly a billion times less susceptible* than Windows based computers.

Linux on a PC also has awesome graphics, but I think you'd need to be a Guru of the hardware, software, and OS to successfully make a Linux system do exactly what you want... but hey, it's cheaper

*Note for the Spelling Nazi... I had to look this up, and I was WAY off... Google with it's built in spell check is my friend

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by Big Daddy Kane:

Not 100% proof, but probly a billion times less susceptible* than Windows based computers.

Linux on a PC also has awesome graphics, but I think you'd need to be a Guru of the hardware, software, and OS to successfully make a Linux system do exactly what you want... but hey, it's cheaper

*Note for the Spelling Nazi... I had to look this up, and I was WAY off... Google with it's built in spell check is my friend

Good for you!!! You get a gold star today!

Parked: What sign program are you running? I still prefer Windows to Mac for my sign making. When I built my current computer, I had to install a parallel PCI card to support my dongles (insert tacky sexual innuendo here ). I'm running FlexiPro 7.5, and Scanvec makes you buy any replacement dongles. I didn't feel like shelling out nearly another grand for the stupid thing.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T

Former owner of a 1995 Ford Contour GL w/ 2.0L ATX Proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 Vulcan --Looking for Commodore stuff (Drives, Units, Amiga, games, etc)If anyone has any of this laying around and wants it gone, lemme know --
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by TaurusKev:

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I'm running UltraFlex 7.5.
Its the same exact program, Just with Beacon Graphics behind it.
I talked to Scanvec today, and its $50 to exchange my current parallel Key for a USB.
I figured it was worth it, because i am still planning on using my old laptop when i have to go to the customer.
I also will be running Photoshop and Illustrator through OSX and any future software.
Now i just have to wait for the replacement key to see if it all will work.

'99 CSVT 152k miles '95 YJ www.VFXCustom.com PM me with anything you need done in Vinyl.
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
The Parallels software is pretty good. It's very much like MS Virtual PC, allowing you to run an XP virtual session within OSX.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard