Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Berkel Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Anyone every had this happen before? When it's all the way up and I make it go all the way down automotically, it jams up right before it's all the way down. I have to push it up an inch and then back down for it to be on track.

Anyone have this problem or know how to fix it? I have no clue what I'm doing taking the door apart.

98.5 T. Red Contour SVT Lowered on FSVT's http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154233
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
Same damn problem! Sometimes when its almost at the top it goes OUTSIDE the car instead of into its slot, if you can picture that, very cracked out. Annoying indeeeeeeeeed. Arghhh

-JD. 1996/V6/LX. Killer Bass, & A Few Other Mods.
D
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
D
Mine screws up when I go to close it... it falls toward the front of the car leaving a gap at the back... have to put it almost up, squeeze my fingers in there to yank it back into the slot and put it the rest of the way up to get it to seal. I took the door apart to tighten the 2 bolts that hold the glass at the bottom to the plastic bit that slides on the post, and the stpid things are weird nuts that snap on but can't be tightened up... I was thinking of replaing them with a couple bolts and some soft rubber washers... then the window would stay where it's suppose to. Any thoughts on doing this?

A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by Berkel:
Anyone every had this happen before? When it's all the way up and I make it go all the way down automotically, it jams up right before it's all the way down. I have to push it up an inch and then back down for it to be on track.

Anyone have this problem or know how to fix it? I have no clue what I'm doing taking the door apart.

im going to take a wild guess and say... regulator?

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
T
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Damien:
Mine screws up when I go to close it... it falls toward the front of the car leaving a gap at the back... have to put it almost up, squeeze my fingers in there to yank it back into the slot and put it the rest of the way up to get it to seal. I took the door apart to tighten the 2 bolts that hold the glass at the bottom to the plastic bit that slides on the post, and the stpid things are weird nuts that snap on but can't be tightened up... I was thinking of replaing them with a couple bolts and some soft rubber washers... then the window would stay where it's suppose to. Any thoughts on doing this?

i did this yesterday to my passenger window. I just used a nut and bolt combo. I got it all tight and still had the same problem. I didnt see any track adjustment, but the rubber trim piece on the outside of the door (bottom of the window) is what holds the window in place. (I think) Anyway I put it all back together and the window up and down about a 100 times and no problems. Hope this helps.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard