Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Its actually not as bad as the topic makes it sound. anyway, My front end is making a noise, sounds like whe you crack your fingers or shoulder when you turn the wheel. HOWEVER, it is inconsistent, guaranteed to do it when doing a slow, very tight(wheel almost all the way turned) turn like in a cul-de-sack. It will make this noise dunring other slow turns like a parking lot, but like I said it will only do it once in a while. when it does, its not very loud, can hardly if at all hear it outside, but can inside although if you have any music on even down low you can't hear it so its not that loud at all. hasbeen doing this for 3k, and very very slowly got worse. Its hardly worse then when it started making the noise, although its worse when you turn tight but thats the only difference. Well, narrowed it down to the CB joint and I'm in FL for the summer and line in I falls, MN. I have a road trip tomrrow for the weekend, about 1000 miles in all. I think it can make it, what can you think based on the description? I havn't checked for fluid or looked at the boot, will do that tonight and post results. but if it can makethe road trip think it will make it home where I will replace it? thats about 2k home. I think it will, but really don't wanted to be stranded in Georiga at midnight on the interstata, much less in the middle of nowhere in MN on one of the hick counrty highways we have there. So think she's got 3k left in her, or even 1k? Any help would be appreciated, I'd even take flaming for driving on it if nothing else. thanks guys.

95 LX-with a mind of its own 24v DOHC SVT exhaust and K&N=all thats worth modding Go Fighting Sioux!!!
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Are you talking about a constant velocity joint? CV joint. It could be a ton of things. What kind of maintenance have you performed? New control arms since it's a 95? Ball joints? Tie rods. Gaurantee if it's a tie rod or ball joint and they let go you're going to be in for a world of hurt at highway speeds.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
B
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
90% sure its the CV joint.

95 LX-with a mind of its own 24v DOHC SVT exhaust and K&N=all thats worth modding Go Fighting Sioux!!!

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard