Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1611459 07/17/06 12:39 AM
8000RPM Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
The other day I went to a party with my 98 E0 CSVT. i got back home like around 3am and right before parking it, i heard a hard hit/knock from underneath the car...as if a stone hit the bottom of it. I didn't see anything so I parked it, checked the driver side front tire and all seemed well. The next day, I was again about to go out, so I start the beast. well, this time i heard some kind of knocking sound. at first i though it was my exhaust (i recently found a small hole in one of the pipes near the rear bumper), but then I saw that my battery light was ON all the time. I opened the hood and realized that the knocking sound comes from somwhere around the coil pack and the egr valve and the firewall...i knwo there are no moving parts there. all belts are new and i checked them. pulleys are fine...why is my battery light on? why is it knocking like that...are they related??? car has oil that i changed 4 days ago...any ideas???
** for the record I have new (not refurbished) alternator BOSH, new belts, new battery, new motorcraft sparkplugs, and new autolite cables...

THANK YOUU

*** ohh and as far as the mega fuse, that was changed two months ago because it burned, however back then the battery light didn't come on.

Last edited by 8000RPM; 07/17/06 12:46 AM.
#1611460 07/17/06 07:00 PM
8000RPM Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
anyone??? helloo?

#1611461 07/18/06 02:15 AM
S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
The only thing remotely close back there is the alternator I believe.

On a side note, I've seen your car many times =) I walk by it frequently.

#1611462 07/18/06 02:28 AM
8000RPM Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
yeah, but the sound comes from below the egr valve. i took it to the local shop and the dude said that will look at it tomorrow, but he thinks it's an exhaust leak from near the cats. i hope he is right, coz if it's the motor, i will throw some kicks at that car...as far as the battery light goes...i think that's a separate problem that he will also take a look at.

so, where do you see my car that often? do you live somewhere in alexandria?? maybe my buddy and i should come to one of your meetings. it will be nice to meet with some of you guys, although I am sure i've met some of you on the streets. everytime i see an csvt, there are always some remote greetings going on...or hater's looks are exchanged:))))

so what can be the cause of the alternator light? i see someone else has the same problem now...hmmmmm...

#1611463 07/18/06 02:42 AM
S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
I live on Holmes Run Pkwy, walk up through there to 7-eleven often. The valvoline express shop there is a good shop. The owner is honest and reliable, he stayed one saturday night for me until 9:30 installing my alternator. He actually spent like 6 hours on it, only charged me 2 and parts in the end. Long story, but my car is sitting in the lot, wiring issues (curses ford). '95 Mystique, I love the car to death though, won't give up on it.

I've learned way more than i want to know about the alternator and "battery" light on here. Basically, check the charge at the battery with a multimeter, should be approx 14.5V. If it is not, then worry. You said you did the megafuse, so thats out too.

#1611464 07/18/06 05:04 AM
8000RPM Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
hmm funny. my car is on the lot across where your car is. the sunoco gas station ) something's up with these cars nowdays. as far as the dude's from the valvoline shop...i don't know man. i was there few times. they didn't even wanna bother looking at my car (had a problem with the egr that i fixed later on myself). then i took my gf's car there for oil change, and they tried to overcharge her. it was good i was with her, and was all covered by engine oil (i was working on my car before i went there) so they got the idea that they can't fool me...ahh i was too lazy of changing the oil my self that day.
i hope they fix your ride soon. i know how it is when you can't drive your baby. after 3 years, i am starting to think that these cars are way too much trouble. wondering if i should sell mine...eeerrrr!!

#1611465 07/18/06 05:09 AM
S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
The valvoline shop actually just changed hands less than a month ago (again), you probably dealt with the old owners. Good luck then.

#1611466 07/18/06 07:57 AM
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
CV joint? I know mine does it every now and then.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard