Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Highly Medicated Member
OP Offline
Highly Medicated Member
T
This ish has some very real potential to get ugly. Very Ugly. Oppenhiemer Ugly. I would like our troops out of the region RFN!

"Many of the long-range missiles fired into Israel in the recent days were Iranian missiles made by the same regime that is now trying to possess nuclear weapons," Gillerman said at the U.N. on Friday."

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/07/14/mideast/index.html

Politics aside (hard to do here I know), I have a bit of support for anyone who 'engages' Hezbollah. A certain October 1983 incident comes to the forefront of my mind.

OT, speaking of taps; it was always Draw and double tap center mass. I've recently learned that it morphed into draw, triple tap. Two center mass and one in the computer. I'm to old to re-up, but it's in my head every day it seems.

Semper Fi Jarheads; and Thumbs Up to the Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen over there.

Last edited by Trapps; 07/14/06 07:39 PM.

Semper Fi "They've got us surrounded. Poor bastards." -Chesty
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
This is one of the reasons I'm glad Bush is the President. I disagree with some of his politics, but he's got the cajones to stand with people when they are right in these types of situations and back them up as need be (now if only he would do that with illegal immigration, but that's another subject). I forsee this turning into a MidEast v Western Civilization War, and Iran eventually sending missiles into Kuwait, Bahrain, and Iraq to target US interests / servicemembers, which will set Dick Cheney's pacemaker through the roof.

Pull out the ground troops. Load up the B-52s, B-1s, B-2s, and F-117s and let'em have at it. Follow that up with some A-10s and AH-64s.

Rock on Israel.

Ryan Trollin!
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Pulling our boots out of the Middle East will freak Israel out, and that only will make it get uglier, faster.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
i def. think iran is behind the scenes on these latest kidnappings.

ungood. double plus ungood.

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:
Pulling our boots out of the Middle East will freak Israel out, and that only will make it get uglier, faster.

It'll never happen, but if it goes to the level I think it will, I forsee nukes which are typically bad for ground troops.

Ryan Trollin!
J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
If US the the "melting pot" of Western civilization, then Lebanon is the "melting pot" of Middle-Eastern politics. You've got every flavor of secularism, nationalism and extremism represented there and when you toss in the LARGE amount of political leverage that Syria and Iran (also Eqypt) like to flex through Beruit you have the potential for one HUGE f**king mess...

Israel has flirted with a more moderate approach to the Palestine issue for some time (an issue that every Arab country seems to table as a "kindred" insult to them as well); withdrawals from protested regions have taken place but it has done little more than simply embolden the Islamic extremists. What once was viewed as progress and a measure of good faith is now probably going to be used by the hawks as the mother of all mistakes and paint the peace that Sharon was trying to broker as a farce.

The problem both lies in Israel's rather heavy-handed reaction and it absolutely lies with Iran, Syria, Lebanon and Egypt "looking" the other way or actively helping when contraband for Hezbollah (and others) leaves their shores or borders to land in the hands of extremists.

It sucks: when one side gives, the other seems to take without any remorse, control or thought for co-existance.

JaTo e-Tough Guy Missouri City, TX 99 Contour SVT #143/2760 00 Corvette Coupe
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by Trapps:
OT, speaking of taps; it was always Draw and double tap center mass. I've recently learned that it morphed into draw, triple tap. Two center mass and one in the computer. I'm to old to re-up, but it's in my head every day it seems.

Semper Fi Jarheads; and Thumbs Up to the Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen over there.

Yep... with M16's being 3rd burst starting with the A2's, it was becoming easier to set on burst, put two in the chest and one in the head as the rifle raises from the blast.

The whole area over there is a bloody religious turf war. And it's going to get uglier and bloodier by the hour.

Good luck to the innocents caught up in all of this [censored].

1998 SVT Contour Silver Frost for sale in Classifieds.
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:

It'll never happen, but if it goes to the level I think it will, I forsee nukes which are typically bad for ground troops.

Implying Iran or U.N./U.S. action? Merely curious- :shrugs:

S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
Israel has some bad ass pilots!!!!!! At redflag that are either on par or surpass the US's finest pilots.

As far as it getting ugly over there, the last thing Iran should do is nuke any one. Yes its a diff day and age but some people seem to forget that we are the only country to ever use a nuclear weapon on another. That being said within 14hours 14 B-2's with 16 nukes each can be launched from Missouri. Thats 224 nuclear weapons all over 100x more powerful than the bombs that hit japan. I don't think if we where nuked Dubbya would think twice about nuking someone.

P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
I say let Isreal and Lebanon fight it out. I have a hunch on which side would win, but I think it is really the only way to end the 50+ years of turmoil there. (Which all started be cause we gave away land that wasn't ours, but that is another story).

"Bros before Hoes" <-- More men need this mentality.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard