#1609193 07/13/06 03:05 PM
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by ElKy:
Originally posted by Tom Thumb:

I went to an auction and there were two brand new spotless dually trucks taking up more than one space each. I managed to back my truck in leaving about 2 inches on the passenger side and just enough room to squeeze out of the drivers side door. LOL

as much as i hate people who have no cell phone etiquette...
i hate people that will park their beat up vehicle next to a nice vehicle just to be dinkhole.

if one of those trucks belonged to you, you would be pissed if you cam out and saw that some parked 2" away from you.

The truck on my passenger side was parked over the line and the truck on my driver�s side was parked right on the line. It was a tight fit but I managed to back my truck in. I guess the other 20 or 30 cars circling the parking lot looking for an empty space thought there was not enough room to park. I drove an hour to get to the auction so I was going to park one way or the other. LOL

Even though my truck is beat up, I still like it for hauling stuff. I don't have to worry about dents or dings and it can haul 2 tons without being overloaded.

#1609194 07/13/06 05:05 PM
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by Pigeon:
Nothing like a-holes who think they can take up more than one parkin spot just because they drive an expensive and/or nice car. That's just asking for body damage IMHO.

Scott

Agreed, but a dually is pretty wide and may not fit into some parking spots. I don't know nor care what this particular situation was.

My bigger issue lately is people who drive small cars that cannot park between the lines. I often see these cars pulled 2 feet ovber the line in the front and one rear corner in the next parking spot. Who gave these people licenses?

#1609195 07/14/06 01:16 AM
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
If you can't control the dually enough to park it well, don't drive it. Also, unless there is a barrier of some sort, edge spots are the worst, as they can be exposed to passing traffic. My stepdad was hit and run for $4500 once on that.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
#1609196 07/14/06 01:25 AM
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
It's hard to focus on a cell phone conversation and driving at the same time. I tried it once. I didn�t really comprehend what the person was saying because I was focused on my driving. I think some people do the opposite and they forget they are driving while focusing on their cell phone conversation.

#1609197 07/14/06 01:25 AM
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Apparently talking on a cell phone is worse than driving drunk! link

I can believe it though. There was no end to the women yapping on their phones driving 5000lb SUV's when I was down in FL

"Bros before Hoes" <-- More men need this mentality.
#1609198 07/14/06 01:51 AM
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
Originally posted by ZoomZoom Diva:
Also, unless there is a barrier of some sort, edge spots are the worst, as they can be exposed to passing traffic. My stepdad was hit and run for $4500 once on that.

Yeah, I'm talking about the edge spots that are bordered by landscaping type barriers. I would never park in an edge spot near where the traffic drives by.

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
#1609199 07/14/06 02:05 AM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Edge spots have their treacheries too though. One of my friends got a footprint dent in his quarter panel from some drunk kid who was passing by the car. Granted this was a college parking lot, but still. Bottom line is if you want your car to be protected, never drive it.

I had my Maxima for a total of one month - it was in perfect condition when I bought it, and parking in the commuter lot for one month netted it several long black dings on the sides (even with the gigantic ding strips on this car). I got mad and parallel parked on the street, where I was hit by some idiot driving a Mystique - his car was so much into my rear bumper, the front license bracket had cracked in all four corners (and probably fell off when I drove away).

As for cell phones - I rarely use my own but when I do it's quite handy. As soon as my first real paycheck rolls in (it's been three weeks now .. getting paid monthly sucks ) I'm purchasing a new phone (Nokia 9500 methinks) and possibly a data plan. Both my WPI and Gmail accounts are blocked, as well as CEG and a number of various other sites that have hindered my ability to stay informed or gather contact information. I come home to 50 or so e-mails each day from friends as well as threadfuls on CEG ... I'd like to use my lunch break to catch up on these things and hopefully the cell can aid that.

#1609200 07/14/06 03:00 AM
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by ZoomZoom Diva:
You were nuts to park next to her... that's begging for door dings. Otherwise, she's really not harming anyone else, so whateva!

Fixed

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE
#1609201 07/14/06 03:05 AM
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
I hate when people don't use cell phones in a polite and responsible manner, especially while driving.

As for people who damage other's stuff, here is what I posted a while ago in the general forum in response to someone who got their car badly dented in a praking lot:

I know how having inconsiderate ass-holes tear you car up feels. I'm generally a nice person, but I remember one time when I had my Chrysler that I turned not so nice. I was parked in a Wal-mart lot near the very end because I didn't want anybody parking near my car. (most of the people around here drive trashed cars and I've seen them hit other cars way too many times for my comfort) Just as I go to get out, this lowered Chevy truck pulls in right next to me and way too close to me, as if they didn't have the entire rest of the lot to park in. This 300 pound lady gets out of the passengers side, and while doing so basically slams her door into mine. I cringe, get out, and say to the guy driving the truck, you just dented my car buddy. He's like, dude it's just a Chrysler, it's not a big deal. Mind you my car is a top of the line Lebaron GTC that is only a couple years old, and his car is a 7 year old S-10. I'm like, I don't care what kind of car it is, you still dented it. He's like, well too bad, [censored] happens. So he goes into the store, I'm sitting there looking at my dent. Then as I get into my car to leave, the wind caught my door and flung it into the side of the bed of his truck leaving a 15" tall crescent shaped dent between the wheel arch and the cab.

#1609202 07/14/06 04:36 AM
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Try parking a bike in a parking lot. In the rare instance that I don't put it up on the walkway somewhere I have to park in a space. My buddy owns a 2005 Big Dog chopper and I have my Triumph. we put them in a single parking spot and put them real close together so there is plenty of room to not hit one of them while parking in the adjacent spots. One time at the local mall some asshat with a BMW slides in next to my friends bike about a foot over the line within eighteen to twenty inches from his bike. Close enough that he couldn't pick the bike off the sidestand without hitting the car. We were still taking off gloves and helmets to go eat lunch, and we said "hey, how about respecting our space?" He reply's that bikes are small and you have plenty of room. I told him "you get one chance to move it". He thought we were kidding. I figured if he beat us out of the mall fine. Well he didn't, and since he probably only had one spare he was f'ed. Serves the dumbazz right.
I can't STAND people that have no respect for others property.

Jim T

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats".--H.L. Mencken Bumper sticker, OXYMORON #65 - Liberal Thinker
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard