Next Thread
Print Thread
#1609130 07/12/06 10:47 PM
A
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
I have a 2000 ford contour svt, ok now come the questions!

1. I have a oil catch can with 2 outlets for hoses, I need to know does the 2 pcv hoses on the air intake need to be hooked up to the air filter(for vacume operation)?
2. Can i put a T connector on the two pcv hoses coming from the engine and make them into one hose then run them into one side of the catch can then over to one of the ports on my air intake? or will having them connected together cause problems and give me a check engine light

I know this may be a stupid question and it may have been posted before but i just dont want to hurt the contour. And i dont want oil in my air intake tube after Auto-X.
Thanks Aspensvt

R
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
R
The purpose of a catch tank is to remove unwanted oil fumes coming from the engine entering the intake so you don't really want to go to the trouble of installing a catch tank, only to recycle the fumes again.

You have 3 breather hoses - one from each head and one from the crankcase. You can tee all of these into a single hose, run it to the catch tank inlet and fit a small breather onto the outlet. Result - clean air going into the engine

Blank off the pipe that used to connect to the intake pipe. Keep an eye on the oil level in the catch tank and empty accordingly

Hope that helps,
Raz

Link Copied to Clipboard