Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
R
Quote:
Originally posted by Redcon96I4:
I didn't mean 35hp. I thought that's what it said. It said 25%. Will I be able to tune it to work with the rockets I'm attaching to each side of my Contour?
Only if you are using alcohol and peroxide as fuel. laugh

M
M
just a thought will it remove the rev limiter?

Mondeo ST24 with RSAP body kit.
17" DOTz's on 215/40/17 goodyear F1's (very good tyre)
EBC TURBO GROOVE FRONT AND REAR DISCS (rotors)(warped fronts exchanged under warrenty)
EBC GREEN STUFF PADS (voted no1 in uk performance ford tests)
k&N induction kit
throttle body butterfly mod
SHM HEADERS, Y & CAT
Custom Exhaust System
Ecotec Valve
more mods to come...
ice sony XR-M510 head unit
sony 656 changer(cdr/cdrw/cdtext compatable)
Quote:
Originally posted by RedSVT:
Quote:
Originally posted by 1st 3L 95SE Wannabe:
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by RedSVT:
[b]Dont get me wrong it is a great tool, but it is not going to give you the kick in the a$$ that alot of you seem to think it will.
Not if I'm getting it for the 3L swap on a '95 with EEC-IV. smile [/b]
NO! If your going to get 35HP more than a stock 3.0 then you will need to do much more than get a tuner. wink [/b]
Hell yeah! I'm not spending a few grands for just a mere 35 HP over the stock 170 figure! laugh

UBRF.org , Western New York's Premiere Automotive Forum.

Yeah, I got some bolt-ons.
Car Pics
Video of Brullen cat-back on a \'95 SE
How-to: Short Shifter for Pre-98 MTX

"heres the deal $2 grand buy in winner gets the cash and the girl and the respect. We'll race from 0 to Inf. until I win." - someone on the internet
J
OP Offline
J
Well, by the cynics in here I take it your Timing curve MUST be perfect ... then again the svt has a more aggresive timing curve and it makes more power ... hmmm interesting. Yes, I'm aware that the SVT contour has the H/E top end, 10º more duration larger tb and maf etc etc etc.

For thoes of you that have gone MSD DIS, do you like your timing control for over $500? And yes, thats only a timing retard function.

Maf function is also a great tool. Anyone here know when the stock maf runs out of air? When it switches off? Did you know you can tune the engine to run off the maf 100% of the time ... did you know it didn't? I'm running an 80 mm ford unit, love it.

25% at the wheels is true. Don't believe me, ask the guys at www.shoforum.com. On the dynojet at carlisle they whitnesed it first hand, and they get the first tuners so ask them how they like their tuners. I haven't finished the contour files, but will soon smile

Don't take my word for it, hell, don't even believe the dyno, ask the people that use it. They have nothing to loose or gain.

Oh, and by the way, Ford tunes the car for the best all around performance in fuel economy, emissions, reliability, and then performance LAST. All the others are VERY important, but I prefer a little more performance in my car.

EVEN if you only use the timing and maf function (i'll give you the function for the 80mm maf) you will notice one HECK of a boost in performance, dare I say SVT Horsepower out of a SE? 2.5's making 3.0 power? Only time will tell.

Rara, as always you have been honest, straight fwd, and indepth about your responces. Thank you (honest, non sarcastic)

14.6 out of a 12 valve 3.0 Taurus
A wise man once said, rather then watch a girl wrestle I would rather see her box.
R
Administrator
Administrator
R
hey Jason,

does anyone actually have a eec-tuner installed on a contour?
I know that tweecer has already been doing some testing on cars to verify the binaries they are using.

It's all about balance.

bcphillips@peoplepc.com
When will it be released?

UBRF.org , Western New York's Premiere Automotive Forum.

Yeah, I got some bolt-ons.
Car Pics
Video of Brullen cat-back on a \'95 SE
How-to: Short Shifter for Pre-98 MTX

"heres the deal $2 grand buy in winner gets the cash and the girl and the respect. We'll race from 0 to Inf. until I win." - someone on the internet
J
OP Offline
J
Quote:
Originally posted by Rara:
hey Jason,

does anyone actually have a eec-tuner installed on a contour?
I know that tweecer has already been doing some testing on cars to verify the binaries they are using.
Rara, No, I'm actually talking to someone with a supercharged contour that is interested in testing it. I just finished tuners for the SHO and regular Taurus (duratec included). A few of the buyers were Supercharged SHO owners ... I cant wait to see them on the dyno! I do not have a warranty on tires, transmissions, or clutches B/C i'm expecting HUGE numbers for thoes guys. 12 psi and they are blowing TONS of black smoke and making almost 400 at the wheels! In all honesty, the Ford PCM is an AMAZING piece of art work, and with a little bit of tuning its PERFECT for artificial aspiration. Much better then the speed density haljunk. Tweecer is VERY interesting. I have never seen on in person, but I do like the idea behind it.

14.6 out of a 12 valve 3.0 Taurus
A wise man once said, rather then watch a girl wrestle I would rather see her box.
P
P
if this works as well on the contour (also the cougar)then you should stand to make some serious money on this. there is no reason if it works that this wouldn't be one of the first things people buy to get more performance from their cars. way to go.

2000 cougar atx, sho shop y pipe, pace setter exhaust, 80mm maf, eibach springs, superchip, konis, 22mm rear sway bar, omp front strut tower brace, 17" enikie cdr9 wheels, nitto tires, much more to come
T
T
woohoo! good to see you over here Jason! so - i'm assuming this would probably not pass a smog test - right?

but we could program a "sniffer" mode, then the performance mode... right?

congrats on your success with your Bull!!... i'm sure there are some guinea pigs on this site that would be a great testbed for the 'tour family too! laugh

Todd Christ SVT Contour Registry
MODS: KKM Intake, SHO Shop Y-Pipe, Bullit Fuel Door, Edelbrock RPM Resonator
'98 E0 SVT Contour #1037 of 6535
R
R
Quote:
Originally posted by Toadster:
woohoo! good to see you over here Jason! so - i'm assuming this would probably not pass a smog test - right?

but we could program a "sniffer" mode, then the performance mode... right?

congrats on your success with your Bull!!... i'm sure there are some guinea pigs on this site that would be a great testbed for the 'tour family too! laugh
Yes thats pretty much doable! smile

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard