Next Thread
Print Thread
P
Pre98 Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I bought a digital SLR from a good guy here on the boards just before SZ06. No, he didnt rip me off Actually, in all seriousness, I was trying to upload my pics to the computer tonight and the PC doesn't even detect it when I plug it in It detects another camera just fine though. I also trie on my laptop, still didnt detect.

Anyone have any idea? I've tried another usb cable (exact same thing) and it still didn't work. Ive checked and re-checked the settings on my Nikon, but no luck.

Frankly I can deal with it for now, I'll just swap the SD card to something else and upload that way; it's going to nag at me over time though

Last edited by Pre98; 07/07/06 02:26 AM.
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
is there a connect to my computer setting on the cammera

something along thoose lines

if not go to a store like wal-mart and get a memory card reader there about 4 dollars now if you know were to look

and use that you ain't missing much not being ablie to connect it to the pc unless they have firmware updates for it in witch case i never dealt with the fancy higher end cameras

1996 zetec atx 19.3381 at 71.51 mph 1/4 mile click me for an interesting sitea wbsite you should check outjoined the 100k+ club 5/21/06
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Does your computer have more than one USB port? For some reason or another my computer only recognizes some devices in some (for example, I have a real finicky printer/scanner/fax combo that ONLY works in any external multi-port USB hub, and I've had troubles connecting my phone to some ports but others work fine). Windows should recognize it as a new device and try to install new drivers at that point.

Other thing to try is a different computer. If you're still having the same problems by then, it's likely the camera's fault.

Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
All I know is with my Minolta, I just plug it in with the power of the camera on, and I don't need to do anything else.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
P
Pre98 Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Yep the Nikon is the same way. Just plug and play. Windows downloaded an update today, could that be the culprit I wonder?

S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
did you try restarting the computer with the camera plugged in? sometimes a restart is in order for a pc to recognize new hardware.

other than that, try going to Nikon's website. usually manufacturers have a troubleshooting section so you may find this is a common issue for this model.

also, using a card reader is better because when going direct you are using up the camera's battery. even though it has rechargeables, they only have so muany times that they can be recharged, no need to unnecessarily shorten it.

ps hope the camera's treatin ya well

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

Link Copied to Clipboard