Next Thread
Print Thread
P
Pigeon Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
GM board to discuss a "strategic alliance" with Renault/Nissan. Last time something like that happened Chrysler became a subsidiary of a German car company. Now GM may become a French company's b!tch, leaving Ford as the only US-based automaker.

linky

Scott

Troll! '99 BMW 328i
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
I think the position we're talking about is far from buying out. However, I also think Renault/Nissan would be incredibly stupid to buy into GM.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by ZoomZoom Diva:
I think the position we're talking about is far from buying out. However, I also think Renault/Nissan would be incredibly stupid to buy into GM.

Not so sure about that:

GM lost $10.6 billion last year. "It has literally been selling the family silver (liquidating assets) to raise cash," David Kudla, CEO of Mainstay Capital Management, said in an e-mail. "This partnership would provide a $3 billion cash infusion along with a potentially rewarding strategic alliance."

Raising 3 billion to a company that is losing 10 billion a year is a drop in the bucket. Only a stop-gap measure to temporarily fend off creditors IMHO. Not looking good for GM, but I don't know what else they can do to turn the bottom line to the black.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.

Link Copied to Clipboard