Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
I was having a couple of problems with a pair of cars I have first off the 4 cyl mystique.

It will not idle right at all, the revs will climb and drop quickly from 250-2000 rpm. If put into drive it will occasionally stall. This problem started suddenly and I've taken it to 2 ford dealerships one (Crappy Sunset ford) wanted me to replace the engine saying it had lw compression on all cylinders. But I took it to another ford dealer and they said compression was fine at 125 125 117 125 with a small weakness in cylinder number 3. I've had the computer changed the o2 censors and vct sylinoid and cam along with the belt. Also recently the fuel pump was changed and its still runs rich and crappy. I've invested 2000+ dollars into it and it still doesn't run any help with this will be GREATLY appreciated.

SVT Contour problem I recently replaced the IAC valve on it becouse it was having the high idle problem, this cured to problem for 2 days and now it is back again, did I do something wrong or miss a step? How quickly do these things die? Thank you.

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Both vehicles could be suffering from a vacuum leak.
The SVT? Did you change the gasket on the IAC when changing?

95 Contour GL. Bought new. BAT Sway Bars/Pioneer CD/Koni Rear Struts/Mobil Fluids. Looking for 15" alloy rims-PM me. 180,500km's so far.
N
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
Yup the gasket was changed.

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Do you have any codes in the Zetec car's memory?

N
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
Originally posted by FavoriteMystaque:
Do you have any codes in the Zetec car's memory?

Cant remember the code exactly but it was rich on o2 sensor number 1.

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
The oxygen sensor seems to be telling the truth, did it run rich before all the parts were changed? Someone mentioned a vacuum leak, that could certainly cause trouble.

S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
yes it could cause trouble however if your running rich you do not have a vacuum leak. you would be running lean with a vacuum leak.

97 contour gl mtx front & rear upper strut tower braces 19mm bat sway bar Koni struts w/GC knockoffs
N
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
The cel was saying rich but ford said it was running right, before I had all of these parts changed out. And as far as I know a vacum leak would make things lean not rich.

Thats for all the tips so far but its still a no go.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard