Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#1602972 07/05/06 04:37 PM
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Personally...I'm ok w/ fireworks as long as they are done before 10:00 p.m. Sunday night thru Thursday night. Weekend...its an annoyance but I can deal. However, the rest of the time...get it done before 10:00 p.m. You have to have respect if you expect to get it in return...plus its just plain rude. My husband (sosaudio1) gets up at 3:00 a.m. everyday for work so obviously any fireworks after 10:00 p.m. leads to a very hard time getting up for work.

As for walking over to the neighbors before calling the police...1. it wouldn't work and you know it wouldn't. The neighbors causing the problem would either say ok and go back to doing it anyway or they would laugh at you. 2. In my neighborhood there is more than one house shooting the fireworks off and I am not going to each one to beg for quiet. Out of the 10-15 houses in my 'hood...probably 5 or so were shooting off fireworks for the past 5 days...up to 12:00 a.m.!!! That is a bit ridiculous and totally disrespectful...but hey...if it keeps up....we'll go get some firecrackers...when hubby leaves for work at 4:00 a.m...we'll shoot 'em off.

Sometimes you have to fight fire w/ fire for those who just don't get it.

01 Cougar Sport - Dark Shadow Gray "Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow." LB&RB
#1602973 07/05/06 04:37 PM
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by BloodyTomFlint:
The quote in your sig is fantastic!

I figured YOU of all people would appreciate that one!

Jim T.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats".--H.L. Mencken Bumper sticker, OXYMORON #65 - Liberal Thinker
#1602974 07/05/06 04:45 PM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
ARRRR!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by MxRacer:

god forbid we don't celebrate a national holiday for our nations indepence with hushed talk and sparklers.

again, get over it.

Oh, and sparklers are light pollution.

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest... Maverick Machineworks is open for business!! Tell me what you need and I can make it!
#1602975 07/05/06 05:57 PM
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by IRingTwyce:
Sorry Mx, the "everybody does it" was from a post by Y2KSVT. My bad.

Again, people just need something to complain about. I suppose I should sit outside and write down every license plate number, of anyone going over the posted 35mph speed limit sign that's in my yard, and turn them in also? Oh, and turn in everybody that decides to litter in my yard, because I have to pickup a pop can, an empty pack of cigarettes, and a napkin every weekend before I mow.

Like I said before, shooting off fireworks before 10:00 would be the same as shooting them off at noon. You don't just shoot off fireworks for the sound, but the light show as well! Tell me how cool a firework show is in broad daylight. Care to explain why anybody would shoot off fireworks before dark???? Nobody has explained that, only complained about how they should shoot them off before dark.

If you ask your neighbor politely, to quiet down with the fireworks, and explain that you have to work in the morning, I'll bet they stop. If not, that's when you call the police and let them sort it out. Jumping out of a bush and shoving a camera in someone's face with open threats of calling the cops is not helping your chances. People want to say that cops are busy protecting people from real crimes, so why waste their time with something you could easily take care of on your own?

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
#1602976 07/05/06 06:46 PM
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Originally posted by Pimpalicious316:

cornhole capital of the world, pal.

~Andrew

CORNHOLELLO!

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
#1602977 07/05/06 07:37 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
If you ask your neighbor politely, to quiet down with the fireworks, and explain that you have to work in the morning, I'll bet they stop. If not, that's when you call the police and let them sort it out. Jumping out of a bush and shoving a camera in someone's face with open threats of calling the cops is not helping your chances. People want to say that cops are busy protecting people from real crimes, so why waste their time with something you could easily take care of on your own?

Mark

Well, SOME neighbors aren't very nice ya know. I've had neighbors playing loud music at all hours of the night, and I've asked them politely to turn it down, they go "Oh sure" and then they don't. I had neighbors in South Carolina who were out in their front yard.... which is right next to our bedroom window, on a weeknight, at 3am yelling and laughing and drinking. Just because that guy and his buddies were flight crew and didn't have to fly that morning or day, doesn't mean my hubby didn't have to get up in 2 hours for work. We wound up having to call the base police on them because we asked them to be quiet and they just laughed and said they were having too much fun. These were military folks too.
As for the shooting the fireworks off in the daylight comment, that wasn't the point of this. I don't think any of us mind fireworks, but fireworks that late at night and not even on a holiday is just rude. Doesn't matter if it's the holiday weekend or not. I mean, I don't mind people shooting off fireworks and yelling and screaming at midnight on New Years's because that's New Year's and you expect it. You DON'T expect on the 2nd of July that some inconsiderate people are going to be shooting off fireworks at 11pm.
I do agree your neighbor went about it the wrong way. He should have come to you and asked you to stop politely, but here's the question........would you have stopped had he asked politely? By your attitude, I doubt you would have. You would have said the same things you've been saying here "Oh, it didn't get dark until just a bit ago" or "My kids are sleeping, what's your problem?" or something else. There's a time for that stuff and a time for it not to happen. You're lucky you don't like in towns like we have that didn't allow ANY fireworks to be shot off unless it's either the 4th of July or New Year's. Those are the ONLY times it's allowed. Not July 4th weekend.........but the actual DAY. Shoot, where we live now, it's too dry to even shoot them off here so it's not allowed at all. I didn't hear 1 darn firework being set off around here last night. Only the city doing their thing. So be lucky you are allowed to do it at all, but be courteous about the time you do it. That is the point we are trying to make.

2004 Ford Freestar V6 Boogity Boogity Boogity, Let's go racin Boys!
#1602978 07/05/06 07:38 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by XKontour98:
Originally posted by Pimpalicious316:

cornhole capital of the world, pal.

~Andrew

CORNHOLELLO!

I am cornholio, I need TP for the bung hole

Hey, Ebaum's World has a Beavis sound board with a bunch of Cornholio stuff on it.

2004 Ford Freestar V6 Boogity Boogity Boogity, Let's go racin Boys!
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard