Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1601845 06/30/06 05:44 PM
L
Ladyh29 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I have a 1995 Contour V6, 160,000 miles.

Replaced A/C last year. This year when it is really hot outside my car tries to overheat. When we turn off the air goes back to nomal temp until air is turned on again. Here is what we have done so far:
Replaced water pump 1 year ago
Replaced belts 2 weeks ago
Replaced thermostat 1 week ago
Will be doing flush of radiator this weekend

Anyone have any other suggestions?

After reading some of the post I think we need to change the shifting sensor thing too as it sometimes slams into 2nd gear. Have removed battery cables and it did reset for a while but did not replace sensor.

A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by Ladyh29:
I have a 1995 Contour V6, 160,000 miles.

Replaced A/C last year. This year when it is really hot outside my car tries to overheat. When we turn off the air goes back to nomal temp until air is turned on again. Here is what we have done so far:
Replaced water pump 1 year ago
Replaced belts 2 weeks ago
Replaced thermostat 1 week ago
Will be doing flush of radiator this weekend

Anyone have any other suggestions?

After reading some of the post I think we need to change the shifting sensor thing too as it sometimes slams into 2nd gear. Have removed battery cables and it did reset for a while but did not replace sensor.

flush will probably help a lot. When was the last time you did a flush?

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
L
Ladyh29 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I have only owned this car for 2 years and have never flushed.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Check to make certain the electric cooling fan starts up at the same time as when the A/C is switched on. Failure of the low speed fan dropping resistor seems to be really common.

As far as the shifting, a TSS might help, but it could be a LOT more to it.. BTDT in the last 6 weeks.

Steve

98 Contour SE Sport 2.5 Duratec ATX The wifey's car 89 Taurus SHO - 246K miles 94 SHO ATX - 190K 1997 F-150 5.4L ATX - The Workhorse 150K. ANY THREAD WITH "OMG" or "WTF" ETC IN THE TITLE WILL BE IGNORED!
L
Ladyh29 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks for your replys. I have had the radiator back flushed. Naturally the weather has cooled off somewhat and it has not run hot since, but, usually only did when it was extremely hot so I am keeping my fingers crossed at this point.

When I first found this fourm I read about the TSS and there was a link to where to order it and how to install it, can someone point me to that please?

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T

Last edited by Tony2005; 07/07/06 04:26 PM.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard