Next Thread
Print Thread
C
codypka Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
C
Hey all, I have a 2000 CSVT MTX and have run into a wierd little problem when i am pulling away from a stop. when i start to release the cluth i get a clicking noise that sounds like its comming from the dash right in front of me. I have absolutly no idea what could be causing this. It started suddenly and does this almost evrrytime i start moving

any help would be appreciated, hopefully its nothing huge, but i just wanna play it safe and get on top of it

thanks

2000 Contour SVT in Silver Frost #1633 of 2150 -17inch deep dish chrome rims -driller racing rotors -modified intake with open-air K&N filter ...TruBenz exhaust is next!
D
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
D
Did you recently reset your trip meter? If not pushed all the way in it may stick and click when driving. Dan

Good Luck Dan 96 SE 2.5 V-6 89 Silverado 4 x 4 with snow plow no rust
C
codypka Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
C
i checked it out, that def isnt the problem. the noise sounds like its comming from farther forward, closer to the windshield.

anyone have any ideas???

2000 Contour SVT in Silver Frost #1633 of 2150 -17inch deep dish chrome rims -driller racing rotors -modified intake with open-air K&N filter ...TruBenz exhaust is next!
C
codypka Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
C
bumping this thread cause i still have no solution

it sounds like it comming from below the dash, contrary to what i said before, kindof in the location of the clutch pedal. a friend told me it might be some cable maybe from the clutch thats getting caught on something. the noise seems to be gettin more pronounced and it happens sometimes in 2nd gear too now. its really starting to drive me nuts

PLEASE HELP...anybody?

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Can't think of anything that would cause that.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard