Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by SalKhan:
Here's what blows my mind:

You don't have to wear a helmet, but you can get a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt.

Some F'ing consistency would be nice, but then what do you expect from government right?

and not a single kid in this country on any school bus has to wear one......

E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by TRed00SVT:
Originally posted by SalKhan:
Here's what blows my mind:

You don't have to wear a helmet, but you can get a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt.

Some F'ing consistency would be nice, but then what do you expect from government right?

and not a single kid in this country on any school bus has to wear one......

I always thought the schoolbus no-seatbelt thing is weird as well. Maybe the thought is who would make them wear them? The driver? And it is a huge heavy slow moving (I was behind one today!) bright yellow vehicle. The chances of being hit are probably pretty low.

I do agree that it is inconsistent of the government to require seat belt use but to not require helmet use. I wonder why? Strong motorcycle lobby in some states? Is it because a helmet would be an extra purchase? Yeah that's it, these guys with their $25,000 custom bikes can't afford a helmet.

It's stupid to not wear one. I am a bicycle rider (not motorcycle) and ALWAYS wear a helmet. I would not be alive now if I didn't. I've had 2 serious crashes both with concussions, one with an ambulance ER visit.

Also, not wearing a helmet is a bad example for kids that see you. My son is the helmet police. We won't let him ride his scooter or bike without one. When he sees a kid without a helmet he always tells us.

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
as a browns fan, you gotta appreciate this. We have kellen kinevil, they have Ben Rideswithoutahelmetburger. I dont wish him harm, but hearing he's out for the season wouldnt exactly bring my day down.

1998.5 Diamond White Pearl SVT (#4725) custom exhaust/intake k&N/mod'ed y-pipe slotted rotors/greenstuff pads/SS lines cougar trans/FSVT shift tower/Torsen 16lb. flywheel 18" Velox VX-8's with some rubba bands
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Stylin55_oh:
as a browns fan, you gotta appreciate this. We have kellen kinevil, they have Ben Rideswithoutahelmetburger. I dont wish him harm, but hearing he's out for the season wouldnt exactly bring my day down.

yeah, cause then you'd guys would finally have that shot at the superbowl. errrrrrrr............

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by SVZETEC:
I see no charges have been filed yet...hmmm, maybe she had plenty of time to turn, given anyone in the opposing direction was doing the speed limit or thereabouts.

It's not often that the car driver is charged after they take down a motorcyclist, even if they are clearly at fault or there is a fatality. I think it should involve negligent manslaughter charges for cagers who hit and kill pedestrians/bicyclists/motorcyclists, if they can be proven at fault or under the influence. Too many times it's just "assumed" the bike is speeding, and no charges are filed. And to those who say "it's a poor little old lady, she has to drive", I say bullsheet. If you can't judge closure rate and speed you have NO business driving a #3,500 weapon on a public road. Anyone remember the NADS program that was batting around years ago? National Auto Driver Safety program. I think Bob Dole's wife or somebody was spearheading it. It would require every two or three years you had to retest in a high dollar driving simulator. It would throw things at you to test your reactions, decision ability, courtesy, and responses. If you failed any parts you would require driving courses to keep your license.
Man does this country need this now.
Anyone know what happened to it?

Jim T.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats".--H.L. Mencken Bumper sticker, OXYMORON #65 - Liberal Thinker
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by jthursby:
If you can't judge closure rate and speed you have NO business driving a #3,500 weapon on a public road.

especially when the opposing motorcyle has the ability to close in on said weapon (which is making a 5 second turn) from a 1/4 mile away...I mean seriously

I'm all for testing driving skills...People should be required to bring a statement from their doctor showing a clean bill of health after a certain age to renew their license, or the doctor should refer the patients to the proper testing facilities before renewal can take place.

Both of my parents are in their mid 60's & I wouldn't consider them unsafe drivers...

1999 Sportage 4x4...don't go there, it was free ....______o_o .../_l l__\____\ ..|--l l__----[]\|/[] .....................oo =( )_)----( )_)--)_)
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
i see it as this. yes he should have worn one on a 1300cc rocket! however IF he was only on a harley or bike that type no helment is ok.and did u people think the steeelers where going all the way this year? i don't think so now. i am a fan but not this year!

G/f's black 99se sport 5 speed 2 1/2 test pipe-custom cat back 3 single tip cai with kn3530 safc optimized tb 8mm plug wires spec stage 1 clutch svt front bumper
F
Smurfette
OP Offline
Smurfette
F
Originally posted by pimpdcontour:
i am a fan but not this year!

oh, so you're one of those types of fans huh?

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Some of you guys need to read the thread. The woman was 62...not 80 or 90! My dad is gonna be 60 this year! That is not old. He was also on a hayabusa with no helmet...please.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
F
Smurfette
OP Offline
Smurfette
F
you dad has old bawlz

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard