Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
form what i heard on the radio, no there was no clause saying he couldn't ride his motorcycle, or had to wear a helmet.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
T
Highly Medicated Member
Highly Medicated Member
T

Let those who ride decide. Let those who decide poorly die because keeping idiots on life support ties up resources for people who deserve it.

Mark

PS. What kind of bke was he on?

Pss. So, Brian (baco99) um, your decision seems quite appropriate!

Semper Fi "They've got us surrounded. Poor bastards." -Chesty
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by EvoIX:
how is he ok? He's undergoing surgery for swelling on the brain. His career is over. I wish him the best but I hope he's an organ donor.

What? He's undergone surgery for multiple jaw fractures and a fractured nose. Here's what ESPN said about the bike he was riding and the moron old lady that hit him:

"Roethlisberger was between radio interviews and on his black 2005 Suzuki Hayabusa -- a large, racing-style bike -- and heading toward an intersection on the edge of downtown. A silver Chrysler New Yorker traveling in the opposite direction took a left turn and collided with the motorcycle, and Roethlisberger was thrown, police said."

The article goes on to say the New Yorker was being driven by a 64-year-old lady

I guess he's changed his riding habits since last year when he gave an interview saying he doesn't ride sport bikes, only Harleys and choppers, implying that they're somehow safer. Doesn't matter what bike you're riding when an old lady just runs you over. A full face helmet would have let him walk away though. What a dumbass.

Scott

Troll! '99 BMW 328i
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Here's what blows my mind:

You don't have to wear a helmet, but you can get a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt.

Some F'ing consistency would be nice, but then what do you expect from government right?

It's your choice but not wearing a helmet on a motorcycle is one of THE stupidest things you can do... Especially with the sheer number of and the way people drive today. I have no sympathy but hopefully he survives so maybe he can be a spokesperson for helmet-wearing. I'm sure he has learned his lesson.

Sal Khan 00 SVT - Not pretty 00 Aprilia RSV Mille - Also Loved. http://www.thelunchjournals.com "I just want someone I can stand once her mouth is free of obstruction."
I
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I
anybody else here how they woke him up and he didnt know who he was or where he was?

1999 T-Red Contour Sport w/ 78000 miles
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
do you think YOU would know who you are and where you were after smashing your head off a windshield follwed by the pavement at 25+mph?

P.S. Minutes after the accident he was fully concious and coherent answering questions correctly.

SOLD Polarg M-28 super bright white bulbs. Replace yellow stock license plate bulbs. See add in classifieds. WANTED:: EVO style CF hood
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by GTO Pete:
You would think that the contracts would include clauses regarding dangerous activity, weight issues, etc. but they are very rare. In fact, I can only think of one or two players who had those kinds of clauses in their contracts.

Think of all the "dangerous" activities professional athletes participate in - hunting, motorcycles, fast cars, etc. If a team wants to impose a "no hunting" clause in their contract, I'm sure the player could go to one of 30 other teams willing to sign him without the clause.

And what does a "contract" really mean in professional sports these days anyways? Call it what you will, but it's pretty much "at will" employment these days.

Football contracts are more likely to have these clauses. Since football contracts are not guaranteed they are front loaded with large signing bonuses(for stars) as a way to ensure a certain amount of money is earned on that contract. In return a player is expected to stay in shape mentally and physically and that you'll make smart decision in your personal live so as not to affect your professional life. The signing bonus is an investment by the team and incentive for the player, if the player is unable to perform do to an injury sustained outside of football don't be surprised if they ask for some money back. Ask Ricky Williams.

99 Contour Sport SE MTX KKM filter, B&M shifter No res, BAT kit Green car silver hood (because silver is faster)
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by EvoIX:
how is he ok? He's undergoing surgery for swelling on the brain. His career is over. I wish him the best but I hope he's an organ donor.

Uh, swelling of the brain is not nearly as serious as you make it seem.

Certainly its potentially life threatining AT THE TIME, but to make a statement like, "his career is over" is ridiculous.

Even his doctors won't make a statement like that because unless there was serious brain trauma, the swelling will subside and he will most likely return to normal CNS function.

Dude, hes not going to die.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I see no charges have been filed yet...hmmm, maybe she had plenty of time to turn, given anyone in the opposing direction was doing the speed limit or thereabouts.

Unskilled motorcyclist (only ridden cruisers) + Hayabusa = danger to himself & others

...just speculation, of course

As far as the medical reports go...I'll believe them when an official statement is made, I don't believe they would release any specific info until they are sure of his health. It would be a different story if he was a regular Joe & I'm sure the news would be eating up that the regular Joe was acting stupid on a sportbike...no, not Roethlisbugerface.

In fact, that issue has not even come up once . Not that he was acting like a squid, or was he? Will we ever know?

1999 Sportage 4x4...don't go there, it was free ....______o_o .../_l l__\____\ ..|--l l__----[]\|/[] .....................oo =( )_)----( )_)--)_)
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by B.Brattina:
Originally posted by GTO Pete:
Originally posted by PDXSVT:
And wasn't there a guy 1 or 2 years ago who messed himself up badly endangering his NBA hopes, with a motorcycle?

Jay Williams, PG, Duke
Draftd #2 overall 2002, Chicago Bulls
Hurt in summer 2003

Career likely done.

beat me to it-- used to love watching him on duke since they were my favorite team

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Basketball/NBA/Toronto/2006/06/02/1611430-sun.html

and

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/raptors/2006-06-01-raptors-williams_x.htm

he will be back somewhere next year, someone will sign him.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard