Next Thread
Print Thread
H
Hunt Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
H
I just got my tranny out, and the new tranny from sp arrived. the problem I am seeing, is the bell housings are different??? I thought this was a direct fit tranny!?!?! I have never been able to get ahold of sp on the phone. Anyone have any ideaS?

Ps. I prob would just switch the bell housings, but mine has a hole it in. which is what caused me to have to do the switch.

Daniel

99 Contour SVT -Spec Stage 1 Clutch, LSD, Spec lightened flywheel. 91 Ranger XLT
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
what trans did you order? the zetec and duratec tranmissions bell housings are different

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
H
Hunt Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
H
Well I order the new MTX75 euro spec one on there website. It says that it is a direct replacement except for a few pats, (like speedo gear and a couple other minor things) but it says nothing about the bell housing.

Do the zetec trannys look similar to the duratechs? because, it looks almost identical, except for the lack of a spot for starter. and a few slightly different bends.

Daniel

99 Contour SVT -Spec Stage 1 Clutch, LSD, Spec lightened flywheel. 91 Ranger XLT

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard