W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by dubkatz:
Originally posted by Decepticon:
Originally posted by Tourige:
Haha, silly Americans

Ya? I would rather be a silly american with the ability to Destroy any enemy than some Canadian who is a pansy and smells bad!

Umm when is the last time there was a terrorest attack on canada? When a contry is diplomatic and stays out of other countries bussiness magicaly other countries leave them alone.
If we had not been supporting england in ww2 pearl harbor would have never happened, I know this totaly off topic but im just trying to prove my point. Everybody all proud that we as a country weild the biggest stick, and are willing to use it on a wim, But i would buch rather have a small inexpensive stick and never have to use it. Just my 2 pennies.
Crazy conservatives flame on

Yeah. Apart from your illogical statements that aren't based on fact, then you have a point about minding your own business. On the other hand when the rest of the world stops clammoring for American products like blue jeans and computers for example, ONLY THEN can they legitimately complain that about our influence being in their region of the world unasked for. Until then, they opened the door; they want the products, just not the ideals of the people who can come up with them.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by loggerbomb:
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:
Originally posted by Viss1:
Umm when is the last time there was a terrorest attack on canada? When a contry is diplomatic and stays out of other countries bussiness magicaly other countries leave them alone.

FWIW Canada just foiled a terrorist plot against their country.

And just barely, for that matter. Canada lucked out.

not true, csis was watching that groups activites for over 2 years. They suspects were caught in a sting operation. Thats far from luck.

As for the economical side of the Canada - US relationship, saying without America, Canada would be sunk, far from true. The states buy as much from us as we do from you. Actually you guys bring in more goods than you send out. Look at what China is doing to your economy.

and really all the Canada bashing on this forum just really shows how ignorant alot of you guys are. I really get tired of it. Thats my 2 Canadian pennies worth.

That isn't TRUE! We may bring in more goods from one country then we export back to THAT ONE country, but we sell quite a bit over the whole world and to many countries that don't export much back. So it balances out. Otherwise how could we afford to pay for the trade? I know we just print out money but without something to back it as in "trade goods", it wouldn't be worth the paper it was printed on (to use a figure of speech).
This is another example of reading a statistic and not being able to see the Forest for the Trees.

I said it before and I have to repeat it:

Look at the big picture before before coming to the easy conclusion. Everyone is focusing narrow mindedly on the one point that rubs their azz the wrong way that they forget about everything else that is going right.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
While you're around warmonger, I'm wondering, so here's a thread hijack.

What's your take on the "Signing Statements" GWB does when he signs legislation? Are they in effect a line item veto?

If so, then picture this. Say the GOP holds both the House and Senate after 2008 but somehow Hillary wins the white house. Would you want Pres. Hillary to have a line item veto over bicameral GOP legislation?

MSDS, SHO-shop Y, custom 2.5" catback; xcal2; 63mm TB, K&N 3530; Koni struts, Aussie bar; THaines forks, Quaife, SpecII, UR fly; DMD; Nima UD pullies; Stazi brakes; f&r Pole120 mounts. Just a daily commuter car. Silver '98 SVT E0 #3159
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Hard to say. I'm not a poly science major, I just try to look broadly at the topic of "job performance" especially in leadership after becoming a leader myself. I have to say that a leaders performance is always unappreciated by subordinates and not really understood except by the next person who takes the position afterwards.
So I don't know about Bush's signing statements, to sort of answer that part.

As far as line item Veto, I agree with it in principal. However, I think that 'riders' on major bills or major issues shuld NOT be allowed in the first place so that line item veto wouldn't be necessary in that case. My understanding of the line item veto is that it is used to when there are riders on a bill that are only there to get passed on an otherwise good bill, but wouldn't get passed on there own.

So I don't distinguish between the merits of the legislative tools if one party holds the office over another. It shouldn't matter if it were Bill C. or George B. (can't fathom Hillary in the office but hey who knows). I am not as party affiliated as it may have seemed. I'm conservative on some things but liberal on others and am a self proclaimed tree-hugging environmentalist...within reason.

Probably doesn't answer anything you wanted. lol

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Quote:

On the other hand when the rest of the world stops clammoring for American products like blue jeans and computers for example, ONLY THEN can they legitimately complain that about our influence being in their region of the world unasked for.

Good luck finding a pair of blue jeans or a computer that's made in America. The world stopped turning to the US for those products a long time ago. Almost all blue jean production moved overseas by the year 2000; Wrangler is probably the only major blue jean label left that produces 100% American-made blue jeans. And Gateway and Dell are the only 2 major companies to make PCs in the US, and even those are only assembled here from parts almost exclusively produced outside.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage
2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
M
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by Honed Diva:
Originally posted by MapOfTazi ohhh right:

Gay marriage is a trivial issue in the grand scheme of all the other events in this country!

When I say that...I really mean to say...it shouldn't be an issue. Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
The gov't should not be in the way of someones happiness.

As for those who believe in the whole sanctity of marriage there are plenty in Washington on your side.

Quote:

Ronald Reagan - divorced the mother of two of his children to marry Nancy Reagan, who bore him a daughter only 7 months after the marriage.

Bob Dole - divorced the mother of his child, who had nursed him through the long recovery from his war wounds.

Newt Gingrich - divorced his wife who was dying of cancer.

Dick Armey - House Majority Leader - divorced

Sen. Phil Gramm of Texas - divorced

Gov. John Engler of Michigan - divorced

Gov. Pete Wilson of California - divorced

George Will - divorced

Sen. Lauch Faircloth - divorced

Rush Limbaugh - Rush and his current wife Marta have six marriages and four divorces between them.

Rep. Bob Barr of Georgia - Barr, not yet 50 years old, has been married three times. Barr had the audacity to author and push the "Defense of Marriage Act." The current joke making the rounds on Capitol Hill is "Bob Barr...WHICH marriage are you defending?!?

Sen. Alfonse D'Amato of New York - divorced

Sen. John Warner of Virginia - divorced (once married to Liz Taylor.)

Gov. George Allen of Virginia - divorced

Henry Kissinger - divorced

Rep. Helen Chenoweth of Idaho - divorced

Sen. John McCain of Arizonia - divorced

Rep. John Kasich of Ohio - divorced

Rep. Susan Molinari of New York - Republican National Convention Keynote Speaker - divorced

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I think you hit on part of the problem, but perhaps for the wrong reason.

First off, you can't judge a person's view of marriage just because they are divorced. You see, I believe marriage is for life, until death do you part.

Unfortunately, my ex-wife didn't believe the same way. She thought it ok, that if you get tired of someone that it was ok to go out and find another married man and see if he could make her happy.

So even though I believe marriage is to be for life, and that I did what I could to keep my marriage that way, it only takes one person to end a marriage, but two to keep it together.

The ability for a man or a woman (and 3/4s of all divorces are filed by women) to unilaterally end a marriage, force the splitting of assets and children without need to demonstrate cause for divorce has seriously undermined marriage in the United States.

"No Fault" divorce laws where basically one partner can file for divorce citing "irreconcilable differences" without having to prove that they actually tried to reconcile anything, where adultery and/or abuse is not put on trial is a direct contributor to the high divorce rate.

Personally, I think any partner who cheats and wants out should be let out of a marriage. You can't force someone to love you. However, you can entice them to actually work on the marriage. If you want out, and are not willing to demonstrate that you worked on the marriage and your own personal issues should basically get what you came into the marriage with. The kids and the property should go primarily to the faithful spouse, regardless of gender.

Some say men cheat more than women. Well the fact is that those cheating men are probably cheating with a woman, married or otherwise. So if a woman is involved with a married man, she too is cheating, regardless of her marital status. She is cheating on what marriage is supposed to mean in our society.

So if you really want to work on protecting marriage, work on changing the laws to protect marriage and families against such horrors as "no-fault" divorce.

It almost killed me, and I'm not exaggerating.

"Seems like our society is more interested in turning each successive generation into cookie-cutter wankers than anything else." -- Jato 8/24/2004
T
Highly Medicated Member
Highly Medicated Member
T
Originally posted by Corbett:
Originally posted by MapOfTazi ohhh right:
Quote:

Well... now I've seen it all.

8.4 trillion-dollar national debt.
Out-of-control government spending.
A new, never-ending, multi-billion-dollar entitlement.
Bigger bureaucracies employing ever more people with high-paid, do-nothing, no-accountability government jobs.
A post-9/11 border that's more porous than ever.

But the republicans are on top of things. Right. With all this going on, they find that the MOST SIGNIFICANT item on the agenda is opposing Gay Marriage.

In fact, they are calling for a constitutional ammendment. One that they already know has NO CHANCE to gain a 2/3rds majority.

Honestly.... I don't know what's worse.

Gay bashing because you are filled with hate, or gay bashing because you want to pick up a few votes.

I'm pissed.

The question is, who is this quote originally from? Someone on the internet I am guessing.

It sounds a whole lot like Lewis Black. A very very funny guy; regardless of which side of the fence you sit on.

His concept of re-electing a dead president, specifically Reagan, is hysterical. Making the rounds on HBO right now. As for Bush, his question of how the Dem's couldn't find someone to beat him in '04 is pretty funny too.

It's been to long since we've had a real choice for our President. Up until recently, the past 9 months, I have been a life long Republican. A US Marine serving under Reagan. I now question so much about the GOP, the President and the future. Iraq, our economy, healthcare and immigration are the forefront of my concerns.

It will be interesting to see who ends up running in '08. Will the Dems throw Billary? Can McCain make it given the cross party politics and dancing with the enemy? Has the centrist vote he's picked up enought to cover the far right he'll lose?

Like I said, it should be interesting. Let's hope so - another neck and neck race between the lesser of two evils will crush me...

Semper Fi "They've got us surrounded. Poor bastards." -Chesty
N
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
N
Originally posted by Decepticon:
Originally posted by Tourige:
Haha, silly Americans

Ya? I would rather be a silly american with the ability to Destroy any enemy than some Canadian who is a pansy and smells bad!

If we had not been supporting england in ww2 pearl harbor would have never happened, I know this totaly off topic but im just trying to prove my point. Everybody all proud that we as a country weild the biggest stick, and are willing to use it on a wim, But i would buch rather have a small inexpensive stick and never have to use it. Just my 2 pennies.
Crazy conservatives flame on

Dude, if you cannot spell... do not talk. THANKS!

1998 SVT E0 T-Red/Midnight Blue --> SOLD 2000 SVT Black/Tan 84,000 on the clock
N
N
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:

Ronald Reagan - divorced the mother of two of his children to marry Nancy Reagan, who bore him a daughter only 7 months after the marriage.

Bob Dole - divorced the mother of his child, who had nursed him through the long recovery from his war wounds.

Newt Gingrich - divorced his wife who was dying of cancer.

Dick Armey - House Majority Leader - divorced

Sen. Phil Gramm of Texas - divorced

Gov. John Engler of Michigan - divorced

Gov. Pete Wilson of California - divorced

George Will - divorced

Sen. Lauch Faircloth - divorced

Rush Limbaugh - Rush and his current wife Marta have six marriages and four divorces between them.

Rep. Bob Barr of Georgia - Barr, not yet 50 years old, has been married three times. Barr had the audacity to author and push the "Defense of Marriage Act." The current joke making the rounds on Capitol Hill is "Bob Barr...WHICH marriage are you defending?!?

Sen. Alfonse D'Amato of New York - divorced

Sen. John Warner of Virginia - divorced (once married to Liz Taylor.)

Gov. George Allen of Virginia - divorced

Henry Kissinger - divorced

Rep. Helen Chenoweth of Idaho - divorced

Sen. John McCain of Arizonia - divorced

Rep. John Kasich of Ohio - divorced

Rep. Susan Molinari of New York - Republican National Convention Keynote Speaker - divorced

This is too easy..

Quote:

President Bill Clinton - married, despite (let's not call it sexual relations) a "bodily fluid distribution program" that included at least a half dozen women and a blue dress.

aka DanN 99SVT with some stuff
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard