Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Well,here's to hoping this never happens here!!Pretty good simulation...only the talking isn't in english-too bad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JHdYBet_4Q

K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Yep, that'd be our demise.

2006 Mazdaspeed6 1997 Yamaha YZF1000R Thunderace 1996 Volvo 850-R
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
The chances of a meteor THAT BIG hitting Earth is almost non-excistent. I'd rather believe that the sun will become a red giant before that happens. Besides if we haven't killed ourselves or moved to a new planet by that time, I'd think that, with better technology, we'd catch the meteor in advance and divert it away from Earth.

If that did happen, I think the Earth would be split in two other than turning into a hogposh of molten syrup. Isn't that how Earth started like anyways?

My ride(Cardomain link) : '95 Contour 16V Zetec DOHC, Teal , ATX Born on Sep. 4, 1995 86+ miles *LEDs mods are on their way!*
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
awewsome!!!

Mark 1998 T-Red SVT -Needs more Go 1999 Light Prairie Tan, Se Zetec www.cardomain.com/id/tour4reak
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
I'd say that looked a little larger than a meteor or asteroid. That thing was moon-sized! Planet-killer regardless.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
GODZILLA!!!!!!!!!

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
GODZIRA!!!!!!!!!

Mark

Corrected.

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by 92x_Hightower:
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
GODZIRA!!!!!!!!!

Mark

Corrected.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
Given that the asteroid that nearly shattered Mimas (Saturn sattelite) is believed to have been a low speed (still thousands of mph) impact and about 3km in diameter, and the meteor that struck the earth was belived to be about 10km did pretty much what the video showed. I think an asteroid the size of the moon would completely change the entire shape of the earth even if it were travelling at a relatively low speed relative to the earth. If it were moving and tens of thousands of miles an hour and hit the earth dead on as it travels 18.55 miles per second around the sun, it would likely create an explosion so large the moon would likely be destroyed from the shockwave.

We'd all be dead before we could figure out where the big shadow came from. We'd be vaporised the second it touched the atmosphere, and the people on the other side of the planet would be crushed instantly as the planet got knocked off it's axis. No worries though, anyone that didn't die instantly would be incinerated a few miliseconds later as the planet disintegrated.

I figure this is basically what you'd be looking at:

Not as flashy as the video, but you get the point.

Everyone would be dead, everything would be molten and incinerated, your car would be written off. And yes, I did make this just for this post, that's the kind of thing that happens when you are between jobs...

Have a good day!

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 "Tarmac" http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2352003
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
I refuse to believe that the human race would be wiped out that easily. I have more faith in us than that.

98.5 SVT FOR SALE $5000
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard