Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Well, I did a full wax job this weekend... took 3 days... I also painted the brake calipers.

Click the thumbnails for 800x600 pics!

and for those interested...

Wax Steps:
*Wash using NXT carwash & then dry
*Clay Bar
*1 coat of Klasse All In One
*3 coats of Klasse Sealer Glaze (with 8-12 hours of drying time between coats)
*1 coat of Pinnacle Signature Series carnauba wax

More on the progress and some in progress pics in asthetics.

~Ryan 1999 T-Red SVT Contour 41k Miles #1701 / 2760 B&M, Custom Y-Pipe, Alpine HU, Pioneer 6x8's & 6x9's
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Needs more shine . This is for you , because looking at your SVT makes me wish my paint was in as good as shape as yours.

Aaron

AKA NVS SVT 98.5 Silver/Blue SVT#4553 Yeah it's modded 98 T-Red/Blue SVT Contour Totaled 06/05/06 03 3L,VCN 2000,CAT Cams,MSDS Headers w/Y-Pipe,XCal2 and lots more
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Very nice!

2000 Mystique LS Duratec 2.5L MTX
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
I'd be happy with my paint being in half as good of condition...nice job . Have you considered knauberizing?

98' Black SVT Build #1915 of 6535
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by hot3dog3lucky3:
Have you considered knauberizing?

If it was me, I'd say no way. The bumper has already been repainted with the front plate thingy on...

2000 Mystique LS Duratec 2.5L MTX
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
yeah... i had typed this earlier but my internet died, so heres the response i typed a few hours ago....

Originally posted by hot3dog3lucky3:
I'd be happy with my paint being in half as good of condition...nice job . Have you considered knauberizing?

unfortunatly, i cant. See, the reason that my paint looks good is because it was repainted before i bought it (a little over a year ago). however, the paint job is a bit lazy. there are some poor spots and they were also lazy (i assume) and painted the sail panels and mirror bases. Well they also painted the front bumper without removing the license plate frame. so now i have an outline on there. I can only guess that the door guards were painted without being removed as well.

I know i'm having the front bumper redone after i get out of college. I know my paint looks good, but there are alot of places that could be better. I may consider a full car repaint at that time too. Thats a ways in the future though so we'll see when the time comes.

Thanks for the comments!

~Ryan 1999 T-Red SVT Contour 41k Miles #1701 / 2760 B&M, Custom Y-Pipe, Alpine HU, Pioneer 6x8's & 6x9's
T
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
T
Hey what does the side marker completely say 24v ? Never noticed the difference on side markers before. Do you have a better pic of it?

Btw real nice wax job.I need to give my car a complete wax overhaul but dont have the time.You know take the four , five day outside and inside detail. Its been almost two years since i,ve used a sealant and clay bar.

Requires alot of time preferably inside a garage. Who wants to loan me garge space for a few days? LOL a friend of mine said i should just rent space at one of the climate control storage facilities and do it there....I just may have too.

2000 Merc LS #25302 Ducati Monster 620 (red), 250 Honda VTR (white and blue),Kawaski Eliminator 600(red), mini chopper(a.k.a)Suzuki Savage LS 650 modified (black)
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by texasmerc2000:
Hey what does the side marker completely say 24v ? Never noticed the difference on side markers before.

SVTs say "24V high output" whereas the plain ole Tours say "24V DOHC"

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
I havn't seen a 24v DOHC badge stock on a Contour. The SVT's have the 24V High Output badge, whereas everyone else has a "SE", "GL", or "LX" and whatever the Mystique comes in.

For comparison: SE on the left, Taurus badge in the middle, SVT badge on the right:

...and Taurus badge on a knaberized '00 SE:

Sorry to hijack the thread. That SVT looks awesome! It looks like the paint shop painted everything that wasn't glass or rubber!

2000 Contour SE 2.5L ATX - Toreador Red 2001 VW Golf GLS 2.0L MTX - Tornado Red Buy my possessed VCR!!
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Guitarman, good choice of products I bet the results are even more stunning inperson because in the pics I posted recently of the full size M-B I detailed you can't really see the depth of the paint and more importantly, how it feels Keep up the good work, but if I can make a suggestion, apply more coats of SG than the caranuba. I'd mix in the caranuba about every 3rd coat as the SG is going to last longer, but when you want a change of pace, add the caranuba for some depth Again, quality job for a quality ride!!!!

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard