Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
jrc Offline OP
OP Offline
J
The car is a '98 model (Sport with V6). The struts were making an awful noise and weren't providing any damping, so I went to Advanced and got replacements. I took them to a local garage and had them installed. Now the front looks AT LEAST 3" taller than before. I don't understand. The struts shouldn't affect ride height (the same springs were re-used).

I don't want a lowering kit or any "racing type" struts. This car is just a daily beater that gets me to and from work.

Anybody know what the shop could have done wrong to get this result?

Thanks,
jrc

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
i noticed this when I replaced the front struts on my 95, only think that i can figure is that the spring purch is higher on the strut, thus raising your ride height

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
yah, could be the spring purch - heat up the springs and drop that biaaatch! j/k Not much you can do but that or change the shocks again.... contact the manufacturer of the struts and see if they will cover the repair because obviously their parts are incorrect for your application - JOE

EGPLNT:MY 95' SE MTX SVT *200,000 MILE CLUB* 6/06/06 - 201,000 MILES
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Check in the suspension forum -- it is normal for the car to ride a little high after the struts are out. It just needs some time to settle.

98 Silver Frost SVT 97 BMW 540I Sport, six speed "Blue is for sky, black is for soil, and white is for simplicity, purity and hope for the future" "A coveted car should never stunt your life, but should make it more rich and interesting."
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
Don't heat the springs.
It takes a while for the new bits to settle.
I had both struts and springs replaced - looked really weird at first. Ater a month or so it was fine.

AL

Red '98 SVT E0 3098/6535 DMD other stuff and a Bullitt fuel door
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I could MAYBE see an inch, MAX. But 3", DAYUM!!! You got struts for a Nissan truck or sup'm....

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard