Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Z
Im trying to ghange color of my Gauges and im woundering if its save to remove the needles and then put them back together. i guess my question is would they still be acurate is you remove them?

it looks like this with out the bottom Lcd Screen and the color is green instead of white

1996 GL 2.0 16V Zetec DOHC AIM s/n- DJWhiterussian
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
dont quite know why you would need to remove the needles to change the color... Either way, in response to your question, no, they would not be accurate still. They would need to be recalibrated.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
M
CEG'er
CEG'er
M
Very easy if you know how to soder and have LEDS. When you take the gauges out. Take out bulbs that are behind the needles in the back. You should see clear plastic blockish thing. Soder leds to correct positive and negative metal spots and aim leds to light up clear plastic block. The plastic block send the light to the needles. I did mine and they turned out great but i have gauge overlays. So yours might turn out different.

Hope this helps, if not let me know.
MAtt

'97 Pumice Zetec Sport- 'At least its not a geo!'
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Couldn't you replace them with the instrument cluster bulbs #74?

Its on the bottom of the page. They should fit but not sure.

My ride(Cardomain link) : '95 Contour 16V Zetec DOHC, Teal , ATX Born on Sep. 4, 1995 86+ miles *LEDs mods are on their way!*
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Here you go, takes about 4-5 hours of careful sanding and re-painting just to do the main gauges:

Much easier to simply by new gauges from that group buy. If you use LEDS after sanding the stock ones use 5mm because u need to point them backwards so that there are no bright spots yet still bright enough the show through. 7K + mcd

E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
So what are you sanding down?? Is it the green plastic cover that you sand down and repaint?? I dont want green in my car as I have the blue needles. If you could put togeather a quick how to that would be great as I would love to do this mod to my car!!

Z
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Z
yes when you take the overlay off on the back of it you see sticky residue you hand that down so you have no more green and no more red. if you wanna leave red then only sand down green, look on the pictures on the top of the page.

Z
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Z

E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
Sweet thanks!!! I know what I will be doing next weekend lol. All I need to do then is change it to blus since thats the color I want lol. Thanks again.

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard