Print Thread
#1576783 05/23/06 06:15 PM
T
tsSVT Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
I have a 2000 SVT 97,000 miles.I think my secondaries are not opening like they are suposed to.If you have the car in neutral and rev the engine the secondaries don't move until you let off the gas and the RPM's start to drop.When driving there is a lack of power right after they are suposed to open,and there is no noticable change in sound as there normally is when they open.I think I have an exhaust leak on the front manifold.I checked the plugs on the front bank they show no wear,but indicate a rich condition.The plugs were replaced 2000 miles ago during a manifold cleaning.I replaced the air filter last week (it was pretty clogged) and the condition seem to improve.I just need to figure out what could be causing this.

Thanks in advance.

2000 Silver SVT
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
they are probably clogged, the butterfly valves overtime build up carbon making them open slower and allowing less airflow through the LIM. Put a can of berryman's or seafoam through the vac ports on the UIM to clean them out, that should help.

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Tourige, you are an idiot. Read the post completely before replying to someone.

tsSVT, it sounds like your IMRC is taking a dump. I would replace that first. Sounds like everything else is good from what you described. Also, are you showing any codes?

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by SVT4STD:
Tourige, you are an idiot. Read the post completely before replying to someone.

tsSVT, it sounds like your IMRC is taking a dump. I would replace that first. Sounds like everything else is good from what you described. Also, are you showing any codes?

wouldent it be smarter to pop the hood and check if the IMRC is opening the secondaries while you rev the engine?

And FYI, i had similar problems with my car and running the can of seafoam cleared up the problems.

much like your weiner.

T
tsSVT Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
I just cleaned the manifolds 2000 miles ago,I have popped the hood and rev'd it,that's how I know they can open.Again you should have read the whole post.I stated that they can open.I talked to one of the tech's at work and he said it's probably not the IMRC or ignition system,he is going to hook it up to the diag computer friday.Oh, no codes.

2000 Silver SVT
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by tsSVT:
I just cleaned the manifolds 2000 miles ago,I have popped the hood and rev'd it,that's how I know they can open.Again you should have read the whole post.I stated that they can open.I talked to one of the tech's at work and he said it's probably not the IMRC or ignition system,he is going to hook it up to the diag computer friday.Oh, no codes.

Thats why i thought they were clogged, i remember before i did the rebuild my car had major hesitation when the secondaries "opened up"

It was just an idea, my bad for throwing it out there.

much like your weiner.

T
tsSVT Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
I apologize,I've never heard of hesitation when they opened.You must have had a TON of crud in your manifold for it to hesitate when they opened.

2000 Silver SVT
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by tsSVT:
I apologize,I've never heard of hesitation when they opened.You must have had a TON of crud in your manifold for it to hesitate when they opened.

100kms and never cleaned, gotta love it.

much like your weiner.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard