Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
S
even if your not into metal, these guy's have to be the fastest guitar players out there. If you play guitar you will like this vid. guitar solo starts around the 3:24min mark.

enjoy .

http://youtube.com/watch?v=p7_JafYlMY8&search=dragonforce

"we aren't punished for our sins, but by them" 2000 se sport tropic green/gray leather. V6,svt body kit and E1 wheels/Avon tech m500 rubber, many mods. 2003 Eddie Bauer Explorer V8 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S 1996 Mercury Sable
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
thats nothing... i'm guessing you've never heard of or seen Michael Angelo.

check it out
http://youtube.com/watch?v=oVt4r6zM18M&search=michael%20angelo

~Ryan 1999 T-Red SVT Contour 41k Miles #1701 / 2760 B&M, Custom Y-Pipe, Alpine HU, Pioneer 6x8's & 6x9's
J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
Wow.

The song completely sucks, but the guitar work is pretty insane in terms of speed.

I figured anyone capable of playing rifts faster and clearer than Joe Satriani on "Back to Shalla Bal" would have their head explode in the attempt, but I now stand corrected.

JaTo e-Tough Guy Missouri City, TX 99 Contour SVT #143/2760 00 Corvette Coupe
S
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Guitarman19853:
thats nothing... i'm guessing you've never hear or seen Michael Angelo.

check it out
http://youtube.com/watch?v=oVt4r6zM18M&search=michael%20angelo

I agree he is good. I still think the guy's from dragonforce are still pretty fast though.

Michael Angelo ranks in there with Jason Becker, Marty Freedman and Chris Impellitteri(who also is very fast).

Just my opinion.

"we aren't punished for our sins, but by them" 2000 se sport tropic green/gray leather. V6,svt body kit and E1 wheels/Avon tech m500 rubber, many mods. 2003 Eddie Bauer Explorer V8 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S 1996 Mercury Sable
S
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by JaTo:
Wow.

The song completely sucks, but the guitar work is pretty insane in terms of speed.

I figured anyone capable of playing rifts faster and clearer than Joe Satriani on "Back to Shalla Bal" would have their head explode in the attempt, but I now stand corrected.

The vocals on alot of these bands did suck I agree, but in most of these types of bands the instrument players are the talent.

I'll give a couple of examples and some you might not of heard of.

Cacophony stared Jason Becker and Marty Freedman in there early days. Vocal sucked bad but again guitar rocked. Jason sadly developed ALS and marty moved on to megadeth.

Impellitteri starring Chris and had the vocals from the guy who sang for alcatraz(he sucked)but the riffs where great.

another band I liked was savatage started by Jon Oliva and Criss Oliva(who was killed)featured great music also but Jons voice is rough.

fast guitar players could be argued all day, any one remember Yngwie malmsteen .

I'll correct myself on my earlier statement to read "the guys from dragonforce are fast and impressive".

G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by skunk:
any one remember Yngwie malmsteen .

Yngwie doesn't impress me anymore... sure he can play fast, but thats all he does. theres not alot of dynamics in his playing. Personally I'm more into Satriani and Cacophony. Favorite guitarist has to be John Petrucci of Dream Theater though (his solo album is pretty cool). SRV comes in at a close 2nd

~Ryan 1999 T-Red SVT Contour 41k Miles #1701 / 2760 B&M, Custom Y-Pipe, Alpine HU, Pioneer 6x8's & 6x9's
S
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by skunk:
any one remember Yngwie malmsteen .

Yngwie doesn't impress me anymore... sure he can play fast, but thats all he does. theres not alot of dynamics in his playing. Personally I'm more into Satriani and Cacophony. Favorite guitarist has to be John Petrucci of Dream Theater though (his solo album is pretty cool). SRV comes in at a close 2nd

I put the smiley face next to that figuring guitar guys would get a laugh, in the day people thought he was the shitz,I wasn't a big fan. Dream theater was another great band. My favorite guitarist Randy Rhoads, for the time period when he was learning and came out he was awsome. I also want to correct my spelling for Marty Friedman( I put Freedman ).

G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
yeah... how did yngwie go from this

to this?

hahaha....

S
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
S
lmaof!! That was funny!!

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
yeah... how did yngwie go from this

to this?

Hey, I was thinner in 1987 too.....sitting with your guitar all day is not conducive to physical fitness......

As for DragonForce being fast, yes, both guys can shred. But I have just two words for everyone: Rusty Cooley.

http://youtube.com/results?search=Rusty+Cooley&search_type=search_videos

98 Silver Frost SVT 97 BMW 540I Sport, six speed "Blue is for sky, black is for soil, and white is for simplicity, purity and hope for the future" "A coveted car should never stunt your life, but should make it more rich and interesting."
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard